Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Introducing Mao-Space

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Walmart's interpretation of MySpace, dubbed "The Hub".

Key selling points:

• Cannot directly contact other users
    • All content is moderated
    • Cannot edit your pages
    • The "AV" competition requires you to make material that shows Walmart in a positive light
      • Essentially providing them with free marketing material, the EUA and TOS aren' in the favor of the site users either

• User profile image
    fdisk

And to think, WalMart has been trying to start up their own banks, too, but the problem was if anything happened to them, the economy could take a massive hit with it.

Say, isn't there an ex-Walmart exec inside Microsoft now?

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

All hail our corporate overlords.

• User profile image
    Sampy

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Wal-Mart will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new corporate overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted internet personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Sampy wrote:
    One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Wal-Mart will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new corporate overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted internet personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

LOL

I think Sheena Easton had a song about those caves...

• User profile image
    Tensor

I'm sorry, but did anyone else here the spoof interview thingy floating round the internet a few years back, where a guy interviewed someone at MS and was taken to the underground lair where an army of blind mole men were working on the new version of internet explorer?

Or did I just imagine that?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.