Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Uh...Stay Tuned

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    billh

Hez Ready to Attack Worldwide

Reuters wrote:
    TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's Hizbollah, which claims links to the Lebanese group of the same name, said on Tuesday it stood ready to attack Israeli and U.S. interests worldwide.

"We have 2,000 volunteers who have registered since last year," said Iranian Hizbollah's spokesman Mojtaba Bigdeli, speaking by telephone from the central seminary city of Qom.

"They have been trained and they can become fully armed. We are ready to dispatch them to every corner of the world to jeopardise Israel and America's interests. We are only waiting for the Supreme Leader's green light to take action. If America wants to ignite World War Three ... we welcome it," he said.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

"...attack US and Israeli interests worldwide..."

I'm safe then, there are hardly any Israelies (let alone Jews) or Americans in this part of England. If the worst they can do is the occasional bombing I'm not too worried about World War 3.

• User profile image
    billh

W3bbo wrote:
    "...attack US and Israeli interests worldwide..."

I'm safe then, there are hardly any Israelies (let alone Jews) or Americans in this part of England. If the worst they can do is the occasional bombing I'm not too worried about World War 3.
    Great, thanks for your support.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

Here is what I predict is going to happen. Israel invades Syria, Iran backs Syria, US backs Israel, Iran destroyes all the oil fields in the middle east.

Sucide boming in Israel, Shia Intefada. We get a middle eastern salad. With lots of pepper and tomatoes.

UN sayas more than 14, 000 Iraqi have been slaughtered by American invasion of Iraq, Now Imagine how many people are going to be slaughtered in the middle east and the world.

This is what happens when religious fanatics take control over the US administration and the G8 administrations. Bush wants to resurect jesus and bring on the end of times.

In the meanwhile, innocent civilians are massecured in Lebanon, including many US citizens and Canadian and British Royal subjects.

• User profile image
    fdisk

This thread is useless! Who cares what happens!

• User profile image
    tribalcactus

jaylittle wrote:
    How many of these threads have to get locked before you get the point billh?  Or do you see "Coffeehouse" in the forum list and read it as, "Bill's Soapbox"?

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but isn't the whole point of a "CoffeeHouse" to be one where virtually anything can be discussed?  Why is it that current news can't be discussed in the Coffeehouse forum?  And why is it you view such a post and think that Bill is getting on his "Soapbox"?  I didn't see any mention of personal opinon, and nothing came across as inflammatory, derogatory, or flame-baiting to me.  I just saw a quote included from Reuters.  Just curious why the nasty attitude towards Billh?

• User profile image
    troposphere

Shark, it's the Iranian fanatics who want to bring on the end times, not Bush. Obviously, you think the real bad guys are the Americans and the Israelis, not the murderous islamo-(I need to watch my language)s who want to destroy all western civilization.  

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

fdisk wrote:

This thread is useless! Who cares what happens!

An optimist, are we? Smiley Or just completely apathetic...

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

[Halo Grunt voice]We're all gonna DIIIE![/voice]

• User profile image
    tribalcactus

jaylittle wrote:
    So you haven't noticed the ongoing trend of these threads being locked by Charles as soon as he becomes aware of them.  Well then I guess billh should continue to waste his and everybody else's time, eh?

No.  I don't spend much time on the online forums.  I get everything via an RSS feed, and only visit the topics that are interesting to me.  I also think there is a big difference between posting current news, and inviting a discussion about it, and posting flame-bait material (trolling).  I didn't consider this as belonging to the latter category.

Besides, it's only a waste of your time if you actually take the time to read the topic.  No one is forcing you to read it, right?  Smiley

• User profile image
    billh

jaylittle wrote:
    So you haven't noticed the ongoing trend of these threads being locked by Charles as soon as he becomes aware of them.  Well then I guess billh should continue to waste his and everybody else's time, eh?
    I find these news events rather huge...much bigger than anything in recent memory. I don't know if it is going to matter where you are living on this planet, because these people are determined to pretty much wreck civilization as we know it...and for what? Hezbollah supposedly also has quite a gathering in South America...so I'd expect that part of the world to act up soon, too.

The thing is, Iran keeps goading people into hitting them (Syria too to some extent). Why is that? I'm thinking they have something prepared...much like the rockets that are currently hitting Israel. Both countries have tons of chemical weapons, too. Some are mounted on missiles, also.

Speaking of wasting time, jay, why do you keep posting on these threads, then?

I was just trying to put all the pieces together for you...it seems like something very deliberate has been going on for years with Iran...and it keeps getting worse because things are going to the UN Security Council now.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

jaylittle wrote:
    As for the UN Security Council, things already went there and a resolution almost passed.... but it got vetoed!  I'll give you one guess who did it!
    It was Togo again wasn't it?

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Charles .... where are you ???

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    billh

jaylittle wrote:

billh wrote: I don't know if it is going to matter where you are living on this planet, because these people are determined to pretty much wreck civilization as we know it...and for what? Hezbollah supposedly also has quite a gathering in South America...so I'd expect that part of the world to act up soon, too.

Quite a biased opinion.  The majority of the rest of the world has taken the opposite viewpoint (that Israel is primarily to blame).
    That is an opinion in of itself. How about we just drop this before you get in over your head with me about analyzing mass media?

jaylittle wrote:
    billh wrote: Speaking of wasting time, jay, why do you keep posting on these threads, then?

I don't perhaps I just want to be present when you finally get banned for not getting the message.  One thread gets locked and you almost immediately open another. 
    It's not my fault things in the Middle East are escalating so fast...

jaylittle wrote:
     Seeing as how the pieces are already being put together by a multitude of journalists more qualified and knowledgable than yourself, I'm doing just fine when it comes to the comprehension end of things.   Thanks anyway for your efforts though. 
    Uh, okay. I actually took many journalism courses in college. And several of the news sources out there right now have a bias in terms of what they report. Would you care to discuss those issues? I could go on at length about how the news you watch or read isn't as objective as you think it is.

• User profile image
    billh

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3278008,00.html

YNet News wrote:
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday, “The day of happiness for the region is near… The world is on the verge of great changes,” according to the Iranian news agency.
    Care to explain that line, Jay? That tells me this guy has something very big planned...I remember (and others here do, too) that he had a press conference a ways back with a poster of an hourglass, showing a USA ball shattered at the bottom of the hourglass, and a little Israel ball falling right behind it.

• User profile image
    billh

jaylittle wrote:
    billh's Report Card:

Subject:  Missing the point
    Grade: A+

Congratulations!  You are at the top of your class!
    Oh, no, I got your point. Essentially, you are saying that if I post another one of these threads you hope to see me banned, and that I had not learned the lesson before when Charles locked up a similar thread. You are purposely going out of your way to trash threads you don't agree with. If Charles doesn't lock this thread soon, I'm sure you will find a way to escalate things until it does get locked up...that's apparently your style.

• User profile image
    billh

Jerusalem Post wrote:
    Speaking to university officials in the town of Mashhad, Ahmadinejad said the "volcano of rage" at the "arrogant powers" was "on the verge of eruption."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150886038219&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.