Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

W3bbo For President

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    fdisk

Since we now have a Channel 9 video for Jamie (instant classic!) when are we going to get one for Mr. Super-poster himself, W3bbo?

Cool

• User profile image
    Angus

I advise you not to mention his name in posts as he might accuse you of stalking him. Tongue Out

What would we have the video about exactly? What aspect of W3bbo?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

fdisk wrote:
    Since we now have a Channel 9 video for Jamie (instant classic!) when are we going to get one for Mr. Super-poster himself, W3bbo?

why?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

fdisk wrote:

Well y'see, I haven't actually done anything major for the community besides:

If I had a video camera I may do some fun stuff, for instance, there was this ultra-small Microsoft subsidery/partner/something in a nearby office block, with their permission I'd have done a C9-style interview there or something (but alas, the company moved 6 months ago)

• User profile image
    irascian

No disrespect to w3bbo or anyone else, but I kind of hope jamie is the first and last coffeehouser who gets interviewed. 

Jamie is one of a kind and extremely talented, as well as being a staunch supporter of Channel 9 so he was definitely worth interviewing, but I don't think he's typical of your average C9er and this could all get very lame very quickly.

• User profile image
    Angus

In my opinion what would be interesting would be the opinions of the average person on a well known product such as Windows XP. I suppose anyone with a camera could do that interview.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

irascian wrote:
    No disrespect to w3bbo or anyone else, but I kind of hope jamie is the first and last coffeehouser who gets interviewed. 

Jamie is one of a kind and extremely talented, as well as being a staunch supporter of Channel 9 so he was definitely worth interviewing, but I don't think he's typical of your average C9er and this could all get very lame very quickly.

:O

Expressionless

[C]

Just for that comment, I'm going to go home today, put on some big band music, turn it up to about 80 decibels, and get blasted off of nonstop root beer barrels.

All while playing a game of horseshoes on the top of my roof (by using the neighbor's chimney for the stake).

Fush, mang.

Sad:(Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Angus wrote:
    In my opinion what would be interesting would be the opinions of the average person on a well known product such as Windows XP. I suppose anyone with a camera could do that interview.

Do it RocketBoom style and go around a city center approaching random people and asking them tech-y questions.

I wonder how many people RB asked just responded with "What are you talking about?", but I expect they cut those from the final (along with any opinions they don't agree with Wink )

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

jaylittle wrote:
    You may not need to wait for individual C9 interviews... Scoble mentioned his exit interview that there might soon be video uploading capabilities that would allow C9ers to upload videos of themselves.  I can only imagine what some of us might do with such capabilities though.....  Moderation will definitely need to increase before such a change can take place me thinks.
    I wonder how long it will before somebody comes up with a Channel 9 foam guy war...you know, between tux form guys, Channel 9 foam guys, and I dunno...troll Channel 9 foam guys.

• User profile image
    Angus

W3bbo wrote:

Angus wrote:In my opinion what would be interesting would be the opinions of the average person on a well known product such as Windows XP. I suppose anyone with a camera could do that interview.

Do it RocketBoom style and go around a city center approaching random people and asking them tech-y questions.

I wonder how many people RB asked just responded with "What are you talking about?", but I expect they cut those from the final (along with any opinions they don't agree with )

It would be amusing, especially if things where people said "What is that?" to well known products were left in.

I think if such a survey was done in any UK CBD you would probably find amusing things such as a quote from one of my less computer literate friends:

Conversation wrote:

Friend: "I need to get that XP thing because it gives you more megabyte things doesn't it?"

Me: "Of course"

Friend: "Yeah, I want to get more songs on my MP3"

And another person said this:

Conversation wrote:

Friend: "I got a new PC."

Me: "What specification is it?"

Friend: "Well it is 256Gb RAM.."

Me: "RAM, are you sure it isn't a 256Gb Hard drive?"

Friend: "No, good old Dell had 8x memory day and it is definitely RAM"

Me: "OK"

(By the way, this guy thinks he 'hacked' BT causing millions to be stolen from them because he 'reset' their main server when he went to a BT office. Perplexed)

I suppose some people would give intelligent answers.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Simo

President Prime Minister errr.. or King

As the particular territory that Webbo hails from decided to split the role of political leadership and representative Head of State into two distinct job roles. erm With different methods of election.

Has it's pros, has it's cons. Nothing's perfect etc.

• User profile image
    Charles

Create your own videos. Post them to YouTube. Link to them from the Coffeehouse.

Go for it,
    C

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Charles wrote:
    Create your own videos. Post them to YouTube. Link to them from the Coffeehouse.

Go for it,
    C
    Best video gets Scoble's old desk?
    Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    sbc

irascian wrote:

No offense to W3bbo, but that may not be as good an interview. Sure he has talent, but also a pretty big ego. I prefer people who are far more modest (no 'I'm top poster - w00t', 'look at all this great stuff I have done'), like Charles for example.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.