Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Sign and Forward "Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shark_M

Please go to http://julywar.epetition.net and sign the Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition and forward this invitation to your friends.

Lebanese civilians have been under the constant attack of the state of Israel for several days. The State of Israel, in disregard to international law and the Geneva Convention, is launching a maritime and air siege targeting the entire population of the country. Innocent civilians are being collectively punished in Lebanon by the state of Israel in deliberate acts of terrorism as described in Article 33 of the Geneva Convention.

http://julywar.epetition.net

OR

http://epetition.net/julywar/index.php

Enugh Death, Enugh Is Enugh. They bombarded Civilian Buildings.

• User profile image
    fdisk

I wonder what Beer28 thinks of this...

• User profile image
    Larsenal

I've said it before, but apparently it bears repeating.

1) Taking out certain infrastructure makes sense militarily so that Hezbollah will have to stand and fight without the possibility of escape.

2) They are not targeting the entire population. They could kill a lot more civilians if that was truly their intention.

3) The militant Muslims do not want peace until Israel is destroyed; therefore, don't expect them to eagerly enter a stand-down.

4) Israel doesn't care about any silly internet petition.  Sorry.  The best thing we can do to help the Lebanese civilians is to encourage them to help root out Hezbollah.  Be realistic.  Israel is not going to stop while rockets continue to rain into their country.  You may not like it, but it's true.

I don't see a good description of the said "deafness" of the Arab community.  I could guess what he means, but maybe you could explain this better?

Note: I don't expect you to agree with me, Shark_M.  I just feel a tiny obligation to state another perspective.

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

How is an internet petition going to help?

• User profile image
    Shark_M

Larsenal wrote:
    I've said it before, but apparently it bears repeating.

1) Taking out certain infrastructure makes sense militarily so that Hezbollah will have to stand and fight without the possibility of escape.

2) They are not targeting the entire population. They could kill a lot more civilians if that was truly their intention.

3) The militant Muslims do not want peace until Israel is destroyed; therefore, don't expect them to eagerly enter a stand-down.

4) Israel doesn't care about any silly internet petition.  Sorry.  The best thing we can do to help the Lebanese civilians is to encourage them to help root out Hezbollah.  Be realistic.  Israel is not going to stop while rockets continue to rain into their country.  You may not like it, but it's true.

I don't see a good description of the said "deafness" of the Arab community.  I could guess what he means, but maybe you could explain this better?

Note: I don't expect you to agree with me, Shark_M.  I just feel a tiny obligation to state another perspective.

THis is not the time nor the place for political hate. We are talking about civilians. I sense your enjoying their deaths right now which is sad. Did you sign the petition? I think not, but prove me wrong!

Those who take joy at the death of innocent civilians do not represent the best of mankind but the evil and hate-filled kind. I am repulsed by what you are saying at a time when more civilians are being massacured at the hand of Israeli Terror than any other time.

I guess this is your Biblical teachings at work. I am an atheiest but I have a human heart. I am glad I am not like you.
    I am not interested in argueing with persons with no heart. Period.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

Detroit Muscle wrote:
    How is an internet petition going to help?

This petition will reach members of US congress and UN representatives.

• User profile image
    fdisk

Larsenal, don't waste your time with Beer28 (This week he's "Shark_M"). He's is purposely picking the opposite side of the "equation" in order to make people look bad.

It's his personal agenda.

Shark_M wrote:
    I guess this is your Biblical teachings at work. I am an atheiest but I have a human heart. I am glad I am not like you. I am not interested in argueing with persons with no heart. Period.
    Anytime you want to quit Beer, let us all know. At least you and Charles have something in common now, though.

• User profile image
    Charles

Channel 9 is not the place for petitioning. Please don't do this here.

We are all well aware of the tragic events unfolding in Lebannon and surrounding areas. Let's hope it does not last much longer.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled randomness.

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.