Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 Coming to India - August 7-12

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Me and Jeff will be in India for the Imagine Cup finals, along with 10 correspondent Laura Foy. Any Niners who want to catch up in Agra, let us know. The dates are August 7-10. We'll also be in Delhi from Aug 10-12.

See you in Agra or Delhi,
    C

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm not going (I didn't even take part), but have a nice trip anyway Smiley

Just out of curiosity, does Microsoft put you in business class or just economy?

• User profile image
    Charles

Who said we were flying there?  Smiley
    C

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Charles wrote:

Me and Jeff will be in India for the Imagine Cup finals, along with 10 correspondent Laura Foy. Any Niners who want to catch up in Agra, let us know. The dates are August 7-10. We'll also be in Delhi from Aug 10-12.

C

For the first time I wish I was back home in Delhi... just so I could have met up with you guys there...

If you guys need any tips on nice places to go while your in Delhi let me know Smiley

Hope you guys have a good time there.

- Ritesh

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Charles wrote:

Who said we were flying there? 
    C

Thats going to be one long trip if you are not flying from redmond. Even flying takes at least 16 hours...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:

C

Well even coach/bus trips, trains, or ferry cruises all have the concept of "classes"

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks, NuTcAsE.

C

• User profile image
    Charles

Yeah, it's a very long trip... When we finally get to Delhi, we have to then bus 4.5 hours to Agra... Ouch.
    C

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Charles wrote:
    Yeah, it's a very long trip... When we finally get to Delhi, we have to then bus 4.5 hours to Agra... Ouch.
    C

Well if your in Agra and get time definately visit Taj Mahal. If you haven't seen it before it'll blow your mind away. I think they still have tours that go into the palace and give you a walkthrough of the whole structure.

You're probably going at a good time though, its monsoon season and not too hot.

- R

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Whatever you do don't eat anything from the street side vendors.

Really, don't do it.

• User profile image
    Charles

NuTcAsE wrote:

Charles wrote: Yeah, it's a very long trip... When we finally get to Delhi, we have to then bus 4.5 hours to Agra... Ouch.
    C

Well if your in Agra and get time definately visit Taj Mahal. If you haven't seen it before it'll blow your mind away. I think they still have tours that go into the palace and give you a walkthrough of the whole structure.

You're probably going at a good time though, its monsoon season and not too hot.

- R

Good to hear. Will definitely go see the Taj Mahal. I will be very busy getting footage for Channel 9, but I will find the time to visit one of the world's great human-made structures. Monsoon season, eh? Better bring a rain coat.

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

LaBomba wrote:
    Whatever you do don't eat anything from the street side vendors.

Really, don't do it.

Actually if you know what your doing then its ok. There are many places, especially in Delhi, where the food you get from the street side vendors is absolutely spectacular. But then again if your not the one for spicy food stay as far away as you can.

But definately keep your own water supply. Bottled water is a good bet and avoid drinking tap water.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Charles wrote:

C

Well you could tie some oil barrels to your car and paddle, but India is alot farther then Cuba to Florida, so the plane is the best bet.
    Tongue Out

• User profile image
    leighsword

Charles wrote:

C

Having fun! But don't forget take your Camera, and take more pictrues from Agra or Delphi, and share it with the rest of Niners who cannot catch up in there?

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Charles wrote:

C

When are you comming to Mumbai ??? Smiley

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

leighsword wrote:

Charles wrote:

C

Having fun! But don't forget take your Camera, and take more pictrues from Agra or Delphi, and share it with the rest of Niners who cannot catch up in there?

Delphi ? ... Sounds like a language more than a place, isnt it?

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    Prasoon_K

Welcome to Delhi in advance. Monsoon is upon us with full force and a pleasant weather, but bad roads await you here. Do you plan to meet up with us ASP.NET enthusiasts also? It'll be great, if you could do that. I'll definitely show you the parts of Delhi, most tourists skip, but are the most interesting ones. no, no I am not referring to the doll museum at the ITO :O. The garden of 5 senses is recommended strongly by me Big Smile.
    Take care,

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Prasoon_K wrote:
    Welcome to Delhi in advance. Monsoon is upon us with full force and a pleasant weather, but bad roads await you here. Do you plan to meet up with us ASP.NET enthusiasts also? It'll be great, if you could do that. I'll definitely show you the parts of Delhi, most tourists skip, but are the most interesting ones. no, no I am not referring to the doll museum at the ITO . The garden of 5 senses is recommended strongly by me .
    Take care,

LOL doll museum at ITO!!... now that would make an interesting video for C9 Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.