Coffeehouse Thread

32 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

9'er videos

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

well obviously c9 did its first one today - and apparently there will be more so....i vote...

w3bbo - as hes the top poster
    although you could flip a coin for any of the top 20 posters after that.

biased opinion> id love to hear more from brian shapiro (gilliam fan) and of course minh - but they just did a "designer"

edit:  manip! ha  or track down beer28!

who should they interview next?  you?

*ps - i did chicken out at first - to be transparent and all - here is the email posted below (you can see i dont answer) and pps - it is nerve wracking!  ive been the 1960's Jack Lemon for 2 weeks Wink

>>>>>>>>>paste>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From: Duncan Mackenzie [mailto:Dxxxuncan.Maxxxckenzie@microsxxxoft.com]

Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 3:21 PM

To: jamiexx@jamiegrant.com]

Subject: Hey Jamie... I happen to be in Winnipeg for a couple of weeks...

Would you have time to do a C9 interview if I flew to Toronto in the AM and back in the PM one of these days? Maybe the 3rd (cheap west jet flights that day J) of July?

I'm sure you are busy with work, but let me know if we could make something happen...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sent: Mon 6/26/2006 2:05 PM

To: Duncan Mackenzie

Subject: RE: Hey Jamie... I happen to be in Winnipeg for a couple of weeks...

Hey thanks - pleased to meet you J

Err - if you ever saw Gates in his deposition

- that's probably how Id react to being on camera haha

Im playing with a small clip called "9 Patrol"  - ill send you a link when I post it

J

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seriously, I'm really up for coming to you... camera in hand Smiley

I understand it might seem a bit daunting, but think about it a bit... are you sure you wouldn't want to do a C9 interview?

Duncan Mackenzie (MSDN <http://msdn.microsoft.com/> )

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My wife thinks I should do it...

j

<end>

edit: emails blurred

• User profile image
    W3bbo

jamie wrote:
    well obviously c9 did its first one today - and apparently there will be more so....i vote...

w3bbo - as hes the top poster
    although you could flip a coin for any of the top 20 posters after that.

I'm flattered, really. But I really don't have anything to talk about besides the few things I mentioned in another thread.

I can imagine the interview now:

Scoble: So you're the #1 poster on the C9 coffeehouse forums
    Me: Uh...yeah, is that something I should be proud of?
    Scoble: Well, it's certainly an accomplishment
    Scoble: So....
    Me: ...yeah?
    Scoble: uh, I really should get going, meetings and stuff
    Me: Sure, have a nice trip back home

• User profile image
    jamie

just hope charles doesnt interview you - hes brutal!
    Wink   *scoble exit interview

duncan was a great guy.  we did take some video of mazie for lil guru but it got cut.  *before he got here tory sprayed the whole house with lemon air freshener.. it was gross - i was heaving haha

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Someone remotely close to W3bbo, grab a digicam and interview him.  Post on YouTube and link from Coffeehouse.  Let's see if it's as boring as W3bbo says it will be.

• User profile image
    petknep_home

I want blatzcoder, beer and ChrisA to finally prove/disprove if they are the same troll.

• User profile image
    BenZillaThe​Second

He is Cerberus.

• User profile image
    eagle

How about C9 meet-ups with a group caught on video?

• User profile image
    jamie

eagle wrote:

thats sounds good!  *eagle you are king of conferences - why not do your own interviews if your at an event and niners are there?

no camera?  ms - buy eagle a camera Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

eagle wrote:

This could happpen at the next dev conference C9 and Niners attend...

As mentioned on another thread (and mentioned above), there's always YouTube... What might be cool is:

Live Messenger Web Cam interviews that we post on C9. That way, we don't have to travel to you. In the case of Jamie, Duncan was already heading that way for some well-earned vacation (Duncan is also Canadian, if you couldn't tell).

C

• User profile image
    Charles

jamie wrote:

eagle wrote: 

thats sounds good!  *eagle you are king of conferences - why not do your own interviews if your at an event and niners are there?

no camera?  ms - buy eagle a camera Wink

Yes, that sounds interesting, in fact: Niners interviewing Niners! I like it. Just be nice, eagle and do not harass or offend the interviewees Smiley
    C

• User profile image
    Charles

jamie wrote:
    just hope charles doesnt interview you - hes brutal!

* Really? Well, I didn't want to give Scoble a powder-puff-you're-so- great-and-we'll-try-to-cope-without-you exit interview... I really wanted to find out why he thinks people care what he thinks (and what other professional corporate bloggers think). It's an interesting question, imho. He did talk about accountability and how readers will hold you to the fire. I thought it was a really good interview...

Anyway, he sort of answered the question, which I sort of asked, but not directly.

C

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    out180

Charles wrote:

jamie wrote: just hope charles doesnt interview you - hes brutal!

* Really? Well, I didn't want to give Scoble a powder-puff-you're-so- great-and-we'll-try-to-cope-without-you exit interview... I really wanted to find out why he thinks people care what he thinks (and what other professional corporate bloggers think). It's an interesting question, imho. He did talk about accountability and how readers will hold you to the fire. I thought it was a really good interview...

Anyway, he sort of answered the question, which I sort of asked, but not directly.

C

It was a great interview.  You have a "push" to your questions that keeps it interesting.  That quality makes for a great interview.  I'll say that I prefer you behind the camera even though there's the risk of sounding like a kissup.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I vote for Cybermagellan to be the next one interviewed.

• User profile image
    leighsword

I just wonder how much they paid you, jamie?Smiley

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

They dont pay for interviews Leighsword, or else we would all be begging to be on Camera.

• User profile image
    jamie

rjdohnert wrote:

or you..or sven  and where's lars - or karim - * i bet he'd answer that email Wink

obviously c9 is a bit worried about the "fly people all over" idea = too much cash

but at the same time - it still would be good to feature a niner - even if done over the web ( and i mean a real interview - to be broadcast later)

you will have to virtually sign a release saying " you agree that if you look fat or ramble on you agree"  and you sign it Smiley

but its a good idea.  i hope they do them (how ever its done)

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

rjdohnert wrote:

Wow, I'm honored....even for the vote Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.