Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Logo Design; Your thoughts?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I'm doing this logo for a Church camp; Photoshop is fun Wink My only concern is the "Shine" text...do you find it hard to read with the glowing around it? Or is it nifty?

Updated: Final Product Shown Below

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Print it out in greyscale and squint your eyes.  Can you read it?  That'll help you tell whether you need more contrast for readability.

Maybe you could put the glow behind the "SHINE."

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Larsenal wrote:
    Print it out in greyscale and squint your eyes.  Can you read it?  That'll help you tell whether you need more contrast for readability.

Maybe you could put the glow behind the "SHINE."

I printed it out in grayscale, squinted, and saw "Shine" just fine. I didn't know about this trick Smiley Thanks for pointing it out. I also moved the aura behind the text, which looked funny. So I tried a semi-opaque mask from the front, looked funny. The way it is now gives the effect that the text is glowing..which is kinda what I want...

Hmm...I dunno. I haven't really put this much effort into a photoshop project for sometime now Smiley Takes me back to old times!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Alright, made a couple changes...how's this?

• User profile image
    Larsenal

I think that if you could burn the dark edges a little more, it'd be easier to read.  Is the PSD big?  Could you email it to me and let me take a crack at it to show you what I mean?

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Larsenal wrote:
    I think that if you could burn the dark edges a little more, it'd be easier to read....

I think you're right!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

jaylittle wrote:
    You spelt Sunshine wrong....

It's for a church camp Smiley "SonShine"...talking about the Son, not the Sun Smiley

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

jaylittle wrote:

Just Checking

That would have sucked had I spelled it "Correctly" Smiley Thanks for the concern though.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Looks better.  Could you remove your annoying watermark?  It's really hard to evaluate the logo with that there.  At least knock down the transparency a few notches.

What's the target medium?  Print?  Web only?

Edit:  Where's Jamie?  Filming another 9Patrol?

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I added some bambo Smiley Got a little crazy. I really like the burn on there, you were right, makes it a dozen times better!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Dang, Jamie...that's pretty sweet for being done that quickly. I've probably been dabblin around in photoshop for about 2 hours now Smiley Experimenting here and there.

I like mine too though Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

i did this (just quick)... needs something for the centre of the flare though

edit * i like the bamboo! Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

yours is great! -  for invites emails webpages tshirts etc.

i think everyone was saying a "logo" needs to be faxable - and vector foremost - then cool afterward

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

jamie wrote:
    yours is great! -  for invites emails webpages tshirts etc.

i think everyone was saying a "logo" needs to be faxable - and vector foremost - then cool afterward

You're correct. I'm an idiot for saying "logo" Smiley This is going to be a bookcover, for a studyguide thing that the camp is doing.

• User profile image
    jamie

jsampsonPC wrote:

jamie wrote: yours is great! -  for invites emails webpages tshirts etc.

You're correct. I'm an idiot for saying "logo" This is going to be a bookcover, for a studyguide thing that the camp is doing.

then it's great as is Smiley

• User profile image
    armbrat

I'd change the SHINE to lowercase.  I think given the rays coming off of it, the uppercase is unnecessary.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I think you need to add some pictures of some Camp Delta pictures....

God will forgive you, he does these terrorist.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.