Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Pity The Pirates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    DarthVista

Microsoft Sues 26 Companies

FoxNews wrote:
    SEATTLE — Microsoft Corp. has filed 26 lawsuits accusing U.S. companies of selling pirated software, the latest move in its ramped-up efforts to boost sales by cracking down on illegal copies.
    'Tis a shame it had to go down like this. I, myself, hope there is more of this to come.

• User profile image
    cheong

Microsoft's Hong Kong division has already doing this for years. Companies being sued for selling/installing their software's illegal copies are required to pay the license fee equal to the amount of PC sold minus the actual amount of license sold (you're right, they're assuming everyone should buy a PC with Windows pre-installed), and have big advertisement on the magazines and newspapers they selected for apology on selling pirated softwares. :O

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    DarthVista

cheong wrote:
    Microsoft's Hong Kong division has already doing this for years. Companies being sued for selling/installing their software's illegal copies are required to pay the license fee equal to the amount of PC sold minus the actual amount of license sold (you're right, they're assuming everyone should buy a PC with Windows pre-installed), and have big advertisement on the magazines and newspapers they selected for apology on selling pirated softwares.
    A newspaper ad, hmmm? Yes, I could see where that would be beneficial. Perhaps they will publish the names of these 26 companies soon? [6]

I hope that all the pirates that read this forum understand and learn from this public example.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Yeah, nail the companies that sell the pirated copies, those are the biggest problem from what I understand

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.