Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Looking for an old Windows 95 game

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jorgie

Does anyone remember an old Win95 game where you rolled a cube around grid and had to match the color of the bottom face of the cube with the space you were rolling over to clear the space?

I remember it was great fun and had new age music, but I cannot remember the name!

I do remember that the name was a pun (play on words) having to do with harmony or some such. (Very new-agey.)

Jorgie

• User profile image
    s_jetha

Hi Jorgie.

I had only half-read the first sentence, and I already knew what you were talking about.
    The game's name was Endorfun, and I remember the hype around the fact that the music had some sort of subliminal messaging in it.

You can find a review of it here.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Uh, now Sven Groot is going to remake it for his mobile device and get another C&D Smiley

• User profile image
    Jorgie

Yes! Exactly!

Thank You!

Now if I can just find a copy!

Jorgie

• User profile image
    Jorgie

Cool, found the demo version!

Thanks again!

Jorgie

• User profile image
    Stereotype

I also found the game on HotU Big Smile
    this is the full version, 21 MB download and legal ~~
    The server is a bit slow, but meh! It's an online treasurebox of old goodies.

• User profile image
    Bas

s_jetha wrote:
    Hi Jorgie.

I had only half-read the first sentence, and I already knew what you were talking about.
    The game's name was Endorfun, and I remember the hype around the fact that the music had some sort of subliminal messaging in it.

Exactly. As soon as I read 'rolling cube on grid' I knew it was going to be about Endorfun.

It caused a bit of a controversy here, because the subliminal messages were supposed to make you feel good, thus wanting to play more, which got the game labeled as a drug in some more sensationalist media outlets.

The messages did nothing on me, though. I remember that the game -was- pretty fun, although I thought it was a shame that the grid didn't rotate. It was at all sorts of odd angles, but it'd have been even more insane if it actually moved.

• User profile image
    Max Headroom

About that, I'm also looking for one. Actually, two.

The first one was a Mario-like game where it was nightime and you walked around and I don't remember what you did.

The second one was a game where you were a girl and you had to find a key to a castle and then once you were there it was like an underground dungeon. The game started out in daylight, and I'm pretty sure the girl's hair was blond.

Thanks!

• User profile image
    MarkPerris

The first one could well be loderunner, one of the first high res windows games. If you're talking about DOS though, it could be monster bash or one of the commander keen series, or perhaps cosmo's cosmic adventure, if you want to get back to EGA days. The second one is most likely Jill of the Jungle by Epic Megagames, I can't count the hours I spent on that. I think I could still whip up a config.sys for every possible EMS or XMS memory configuration required Smiley

• User profile image
    Koogle

looking at that screenshot for this game, i'm sure not so long ago i was playing a flash based game that seems very similar. I'd imagine that this is where the idea came from then..

what was that flash game i wonder?

• User profile image
    Max Headroom

Thank you sooo much! I have been looking all over for these games for over a decade now, I can't think of why I didn't come here sooner! Thanks again!

(And yes, the two games are indeed Lode Runner and Jill of the Jungle.) Thanks, you're a hero! Big Smile

• User profile image
    miciso

looking for a game not 100% sure if its a 95 game but here it is:u got a insect type of robot u can transform in like 10 other forms i miss this game alot i would kill 5 poeple straight for it plz anyone tell me wich it is im looking for 5 days straight on the internet for this game im so tired right now...

• User profile image
    Bas

miciso wrote:
    looking for a game not 100% sure if its a 95 game but here it is:u got a insect type of robot u can transform in like 10 other forms i miss this game alot i would kill 5 poeple straight for it plz anyone tell me wich it is im looking for 5 days straight on the internet for this game im so tired right now...

I'm thinking Galapagos.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Stereotype wrote:
    I also found the game on Hot
    this is the full version, 21 MB download and legal ~~
    The server is a bit slow, but meh! It's an online treasurebox of old goodies.

I was really dissapointed when I downloaded that.

I was hyped up for all these subliminal messages in the music...

And then the music doesn't seem to be in the download Sad

[C][c][c][c][c][c][c][c][c]

• User profile image
    miciso

its not galapagos i said also in the note u can transform it looked kinda like metal jacket or sumthing like it all i remember is u had like 10 different forms and u where assigned to kill others like u but they couldnt transform it was also a 2d game i hope one of you finds it im still looking 4 it i hope it still exists

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

miciso wrote:
    i hope it still exists

Nah, it's gone forever mate. Forever.

Stuff doesn't just get wiped off the face of the earth.... unless you're an alien discovered by the gov't. Wink

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    miciso

dude someone has to have it or an site games dont dissapear u know i once had a game everyone believed it was gone its called sibbly my mom used to play it when i saw ppl looking 4 it i gave it to a few sites for use

• User profile image
    bpwangrin

I was curious if anybody knows what game that had a guy, it was like a maze, and he had to get hoverboots when he would walk across water or water boots across fire. The game was sick and if I do not figure out the game's name I am going to erupt. Anyone know it?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.