Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Looking for an old Windows 95 game

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    SaraJoRedux

bpwangrin wrote:

I was curious if anybody knows what game that had a guy, it was like a maze, and he had to get hoverboots when he would walk across water or water boots across fire. The game was sick and if I do not figure out the game's name I am going to erupt. Anyone know it?

Chip's Challange was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

• User profile image
    Bilgates

To find all the glorious, fun games of the past just go to http://www.the-underdogs.info/  I used to vist this site all the time.  They have almost every old game you can imagine.  Enjoy!

• User profile image
    Sylphoria

GoddersUK said:
    Stereotype wrote:
    I also found the game on Hot
    this is the full version, 21 MB download and legal ~~
    The server is a bit slow, but meh! It's an online treasurebox of old goodies.

I was really dissapointed when I downloaded that.

I was hyped up for all these subliminal messages in the music...

And then the music doesn't seem to be in the download Sad

[C][c][c][c][c][c][c][c][c]
    hi i'm having the same problem with ENDORFUN. Have you managd to work it out? I really downloaded the game mostly for the music...
    please help

Sylphoria

• User profile image
    biz

Sylphoria said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    hi i'm having the same problem with ENDORFUN. Have you managd to work it out? I really downloaded the game mostly for the music...
    please help

Sylphoria
    does any1 no the game were u are in a helicopter and have to navigate your way around killing off any bad guys to stop them destroying the buildings of washington and taking people hostage

• User profile image
    jh71283

biz said:
    Sylphoria said:
    *snip*
    does any1 no the game were u are in a helicopter and have to navigate your way around killing off any bad guys to stop them destroying the buildings of washington and taking people hostage
    Urban Strike?

• User profile image
    JustinCase

jh71283 said:
    biz said:
    *snip*
    Urban Strike?
    i need some help please, i used to play this game, i am almost positive it was on the windows 95 cd but it could have been on a windows 98 cd, it was a game where you built up a fortress and you attacked the opposite fortress and tried to blow up there command station, you could build giant robots to attack them, or shoot missles, etc. etc. it was an awsome and adictive game but i cannot remeber its name. help. please.

• User profile image
    JustinCase

JustinCase said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*
    i need some help please, i used to play this game, i am almost positive it was on the windows 95 cd but it could have been on a windows 98 cd, it was a game where you built up a fortress and you attacked the opposite fortress and tried to blow up there command station, you could build giant robots to attack them, or shoot missles, etc. etc. it was an awsome and adictive game but i cannot remeber its name. help. please.
    O.M.G. NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! METAL MARINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS SO FU@#ING AWSOME!!!!

• User profile image
    filll

okay i need this

this is either windows 95 or 98

a very fun and kind of hard game where you would have to make something happen using guns, ballons, strings, trampolings, cannons, pretty muck anything and i loved that game until one day my mom got mad and threw all the computer in our house out

AHHHHHHHHHH

please help

• User profile image
    W3bbo

filll said:

okay i need this

a very fun and kind of hard game where you would have to make something happen using guns, ballons, strings, trampolings, cannons, pretty muck anything and i loved that game until one day my mom got mad and threw all the computer in our house out

AHHHHHHHHHH

please help

The Incredible Machine? Note that there exist several different versions with different visual appearance.

Here's what it looked like in my day: Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    MadbaZ

filll said:

okay i need this

AHHHHHHHHHH

please help

OMG, use to be able to use fireworks and stuff too right???????? :-O

• User profile image
    Goop

Alright so I'm looking for a game, not sure if it's 95 or 98, but it was a kids kind of game. Basically you're this white haired super hero guy who always looked at his PDA, and he meets up with this scientist girl who ends up as his sidekick. The bad guy is a big green guy who loves a teddy bear. Some of the things you had to do included catapulting yourself into a castle, something with a hot air balloon, and you also had to mess with a terrarium or whatever and make a mutant frog thing to fight against the bad guy's mutant ants or something. So yeah. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name!!! PLEASE!!! Someone has to know what I'm talking about!!!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Goop said:

Alright so I'm looking for a game, not sure if it's 95 or 98, but it was a kids kind of game. Basically you're this white haired super hero guy who always looked at his PDA, and he meets up with this scientist girl who ends up as his sidekick. The bad guy is a big green guy who loves a teddy bear. Some of the things you had to do included catapulting yourself into a castle, something with a hot air balloon, and you also had to mess with a terrarium or whatever and make a mutant frog thing to fight against the bad guy's mutant ants or something. So yeah. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name!!! PLEASE!!! Someone has to know what I'm talking about!!!

Most games around 1995 right up to 1997 often ran under DOS rather than Win32, it wasn't until around 1998 that proper Windows games got popular as the Windows resource overhead shrunk.

Anyway,it would help if you said what type of game it was. Was it a 2D third-person platformer or a 3D first-person shooter? Was it a top-down RPG? Point-and-click adventure game? Or maybe something like Diablo?

• User profile image
    Goop

W3bbo said:
    Goop said:
    *snip*

Most games around 1995 right up to 1997 often ran under DOS rather than Win32, it wasn't until around 1998 that proper Windows games got popular as the Windows resource overhead shrunk.

Anyway,it would help if you said what type of game it was. Was it a 2D third-person platformer or a 3D first-person shooter? Was it a top-down RPG? Point-and-click adventure game? Or maybe something like Diablo?

Well it was sort of like a cartoon, 2D, point and click as far as  I remember. Not perspective like Diablo (Which I am currently addicted to Diablo II LOD and sooo excited about Diablo III)

• User profile image
    TCL

Goop said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Well it was sort of like a cartoon, 2D, point and click as far as  I remember. Not perspective like Diablo (Which I am currently addicted to Diablo II LOD and sooo excited about Diablo III)

Has anyone heard of and where to download/find a game called "Write, Camera, Action"?  It was made by Broderbund.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

TCL said:
    Goop said:
    *snip*

Has anyone heard of and where to download/find a game called "Write, Camera, Action"?  It was made by Broderbund.

I did a cursory search through the usual ye olde software and abandonware haunts and found nothing.

However I did find someone on eBay selling sleeved CDs of it, no word if they're genuine or not (I personally only buy nostalgic games from eBay if they're in their original boxes).

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

TCL said:
    Goop said:
    *snip*

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V4SSKY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• User profile image
    TCL
  • User profile image
    CAVEManA20

the game is you are a asteroids like spaceship transporting crate like boxes onto pads through a kind of maze. any ideas? could be a 98 game but IDK and want to play this game.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.