Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

So Much For Fair Competition

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ShakesPeer

AP wrote:
    LONDON (AP) -- Tainted at the start, the Tour de France may have been tainted at the finish, too. Floyd Landis' stunning Tour de France victory was thrown into question Thursday when his team said he tested positive for high testosterone levels during stage 17, when the 30-year-old American champion began his stunning comeback with a gritty charge into the Alps.

Link

Pfft. Americans. At least the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Cheers.
    Will

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ShakesPeer wrote:
    the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Depends if he was cheating too Wink

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

W3bbo wrote:

ShakesPeer wrote: the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Depends if he was cheating too

I used to get bicycling mag for a year and they had a huge article about an italian racer who won everything (sorry, forgot the name).

Turns out his 'doping' of choice was actually dope.

Cocaine to be exact.

If these guys want to pump up on steroids, hormones, or crack, more power to em.

Live fast, die young.

• User profile image
    wkempf

ShakesPeer wrote:

AP wrote: LONDON (AP) -- Tainted at the start, the Tour de France may have been tainted at the finish, too. Floyd Landis' stunning Tour de France victory was thrown into question Thursday when his team said he tested positive for high testosterone levels during stage 17, when the 30-year-old American champion began his stunning comeback with a gritty charge into the Alps.

Link

Pfft. Americans. At least the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Cheers.
    Will

Eagle gets in trouble for remarks like this about non-Americans.  I hope you get called to carpet just as strongly.  This sort of talk is not appropriate for a forum such as this.

• User profile image
    Svendawg

"If these guys want to pump up on steroids, hormones, or crack, more power to em."

Yes!

Drug tests should be for amatures only.  Professional sports should strive to be as entertaining and as regulated as professional wrestling!

Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:

ShakesPeer wrote:the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Plus it is "just" testosterone, a drug for which the doping measurement was lowered a couple of years ago, sending the detections up by a factor of 10. And arguably some people do produce that much naturally, the problem being it's up to the compediter to produce medical evidence they're innocent, which can be damned expensive.

• User profile image
    Tensor

blowdart wrote:

W3bbo wrote: 
    ShakesPeer wrote: the crown will be passed to a Spainard if he is guilty.

Plus it is "just" testosterone, a drug for which the doping measurement was lowered a couple of years ago, sending the detections up by a factor of 10. And arguably some people do produce that much naturally, the problem being it's up to the compediter to produce medical evidence they're innocent, which can be damned expensive.

Probably not as expensive as being chucked off your team, banned from the sport for two years and losing all your sponsorship!

• User profile image
    jwfisher

ShakesPeer wrote:

Cheers.
    Will

Will: pls poop your tribalistic BS somewhere else.

• User profile image
    Rossj

wkempf wrote:

ShakesPeer wrote:

Cheers.
    Will

Eagle gets in trouble for remarks like this about non-Americans.  I hope you get called to carpet just as strongly.  This sort of talk is not appropriate for a forum such as this.

Agreed, that is well out of order.  Landis is a human being and the fact that he cheated has nothing to do with his country of origin.

I am sure an apology wouldn't go amiss.

• User profile image
    eagle

It’s wonderful to see at last people in the UK are interested in the sport of Cycling, I have testosterone in my body, not too sure about you two.

• User profile image
    Rossj

eagle wrote:
    It’s wonderful to see at last people in the UK are interested in the sport of Cycling, I have testosterone in my body, not too sure about you two.

Well if you had the same as both of us put together, then I'd be worried.  You still haven't told me what you do for a job Paul..

• User profile image
    blowdart

eagle wrote:

Here we go again

• User profile image
    Blackheart

blowdart wrote:

eagle wrote:It’s wonderful to see at last people in the UK are interested in the sport of Cycling, I have testosterone in my body, not too sure about you two.

Here we go again

You missed that call by 11 posts.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Nationality has nothing to do with this, but if you dont think the UK is interested in cycling you should investigate the results of the 2004 Olympic cycling events.

Floyd Landis had over 6 times more testosterone in his A sample than he had epitestosterone - that was taken from a sample on a stage where he had staged a remarkable recovery from the previous day where he had almost ground to a halt.

Ivan Basso, Jan Ulrich and the rest had allready made a mockery of this years race - Landis just drove the final spike in to the coffin. ZDF wont be covering the race in Germany any more and I suspect a lot more sponsors and TV companies will be dropping the tour like hot potatoes.

It a real shame as the sport has provided some genuine champions - I include Lance Armstrong in that list as he is an amazing athelete and inspirational character. Landis wouldnt even condemn others use of drugs after he won but before the failed sample came to light. He is certainly not the heir to Armstrong.

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

This is a trolling thread so why don't we save Charles the effort of having to warn people and lock the thread. Just ignore the thread and the troll and let it drop off the map.

• User profile image
    Erisan

Sorry bringing this "trolling thread" up again, but I'm sure C9 users
    can discuss in a matter-of-fact way if they really want to.

Gatlin admits failing drugs test

Do you believe in clean sport?

• User profile image
    borosen

Erisan wrote:

Do you believe in clean sport?

Short answer no.

I do believe that when ever there is a way to cheat, there is always someone who will try to.

This does not only come down to sports, but to all human activities.

To be clear; I don't think all humans are cheaters (maybe even only a few of us are), but there are cheaters everywhere.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

He could be incredibly manly and have huge balls and make more testostrone then the normal man. I know I do.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.