Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Prepare for the Slashdotting

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    gilligan

Just to warn you, this site will be on /. very shortly. Prepare for the flames that are sure to follow. Too bad the place will likely suck for a couple days, as I think this site might be a good idea.

• User profile image
    CumpsD

Let's go on holiday while all Linux fans come over from /. to bash MS Wink

• User profile image
    PTDC

Linux fans make constructive criticisms, raise valid points and intelligent comments but never bash Wink

Except perhaps /bin/bash

• User profile image
    gapman

Well we shall see what they have to say, not all criticism is bad criticism.

• User profile image
    sigkill (9)

I cant comment for the rest of the slashdotters, but I think its time Microsoft started listening to the developers.

And now that I see the WiX project, of the Shared Source Initiative, I keep looking out of my window to see if the pigs are actually flying!

• User profile image
    vanlandw

I'll admit it..I came here from slashdot...

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    undead

i too, hail from /.

• User profile image
    Simon

I'm here from the coverage on Neowin.

• User profile image
    Me

/. drove me!

Wink

I think you will find the *real* OSS folks will become regular visitors and contributors who can provide valid feedback and a unique point of view on a number of subjects. /. has it's anti-linux flames and trolls too, and although it's roots lie in *nix/OSS - I know a lot of MS diehards that read slashdot more than I do.

<benstein>
    Moderators? ... Moderators? ... Moderators?
    </benstein>

-"Wisest is he who knows he does not know."
                                Socrates

• User profile image
    jonathanh

So far it seems to be standing up pretty well to the load - anyone seeing any access problems?

I'd hate to be the one getting tomorrow's bandwidth bill for all that video, though...

• User profile image
    Jizg

bump.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.