Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Flight Simulator X - Beta

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

The beta will start in a couple of days so subscribe now:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/flight_simx/

This message is only for those 2 people who actually subscribed to Fileplanet. Sad

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Must... resist... urge... to... scream... like... little... girl...

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Minh

I so fear reading the graphics requirements....

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

I have Flight Simulator 2000, 2002, and 2004 and play them occassionally. However Train Simulator is more fun, especially when getting the Flying Scottsman steam locomotive to move 130+ MPH with several cars!

I was disapointed that Microsoft discontinued Train Simulator 2 development; it really had some sweet graphics.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I dont think FSX will be 360 only, it's a PC game and shoving it on a console would alienate it's entire fanbase.

And yeah, I was saddened when MSTS2 development was canceled, MSTS was an awesome sim and I havent found another train sim yet that compares.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Flight Sim will never reach a console unless you can connect a keyboard and mouse with it.

I'm interested in buying it but I don't have a joystick. Is it necessary to have one?

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I have to assume it's still possible to 'fly' from the keyboard, though I havent done that since FS98...

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

[quote user="ZippyV"]Flight Sim will never reach a console unless you can connect a keyboard and mouse with it. quote]

http://www.projectmagenta.com/video/SharedSkies.wmv

look for the universal controller in the above video. I personally dont know of any rumors of flight sim going to console. I just really get a kick out of this vid.

geek out!

• User profile image
    cheong

Minh wrote:
    I so fear reading the graphics requirements....

fsinsider.com wrote:

• Video card: 8 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers

• Are they kidding?
    EDIT: Oops... It's the FS2004 requirement only...

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Minh

jaylittle wrote:
    I heard a rumor that this would be available for the 360 as well.  Is there any truth to that?

According to this promo video, yes.

• User profile image
    Sampy

Nah, all he's got is the controller which you can hook up to PC.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Screw Fileplanet.

• User profile image
    Minh

Sampy wrote:
    Nah, all he's got is the controller which you can hook up to PC.
    OK. So we've got the official MS confirmation. No FSX for the Xbox 360. Smiley

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Gamespot sent out an email saying that a demo will be available at WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9 5:00 p.m. PT or midnight for the gmt's.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

5:00pm PST? Yesterday I saw it would be avalible at 7:00pm EST so that'd be 4:00pm PST...

• User profile image
    ZippyV
  • User profile image
    Jason Cox

Well, the good news is that it's out now, the bad news is that only Gamespot has it right now and I'm not a member there so the download is ssslllooowww. Come on FilePlanet, put it up!

Edit:
    Fileplanet posted it, woo!

• User profile image
    ca805458

Guys that's a real defeatist attitude or glass is half empty approach.

also.. that's an old excuse, you can google the xbox "chat pad", it's a keyboard that connects to the 360 controller. Hey if guitar hero and rock band can come out with thier addons like drums, and guitars and microphone , i think we can get a 360 flight yoke, or a keyboard to work with flight sim on 360.

I can't wait for the day that they do bring flight sim X to 360, and i can't believe that their are not more people in the communitie that don't want it. i think they are just used to flight siming on a pc and could be close minded, or don't have a 360.

Now i don't know about you but i could only imagine playing flight sim x with 360 high frame rates, in HD on my 360 50"plasma ... Now as far as adding a yoke, done, Microsoft would just add support for the force feedback or make a 360 version.

How many of you went out and upgraded your pc, and still the performance sucked.  I know i did, i got soo frustrated with upgrading that i simply got out of the pc world, (i actually bought an imac and i can play flight sim x pretty good on that.) but would be way better on 360. I think Microsoft is missing out here as well, they could sell more games and many more consoles. this is one area where no other gaming system could compete. Microsoft knows flight sims.

What's the cost of upgrading to fast computer capable of playing flight sim on a good level, alot more than it would be for the 360 with these possible addons. Most flight simmers, are not worried about the cost, as they are usually guys that have jobs, that can afford to pay a great product.

Also for those that don't have a 360, the 360 can download addons, again an area where microsoft is missing out more sales on xbox live, and points.

I know that the only reason i used to upgrade my computer was to keep up with flight sim x but know you really have to spend alot of money to play the game at a great quality.

Anything is possible, dont' be happy with the status quo.

Nick

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.