Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Media Center album view

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jmacdonagh

I'm having trouble with my dad's Media Center. Usually when he goes into My Music and into the Albums section it shows all his albums in a grid with album art. Recently, however, it has been showing up in a text only list. I've looked through all the settings but I can't seem to find it. It seemed to happen after I installed Windows Media Player 11, but uninstalling that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

• User profile image
    jamie

<mostly off topic>

when do we get 3d stacks that show depth and fanned overlays in 3d for all this stuff?

*above shows stacks  25%  50% and 100% (75%  not shown)

* so... to make the percent work - i guess youd need a right mouse flyout on folder "Stack"   Then any folders in that folder = contents displayed as per what is inside them as % of overall file per folder tally (3d)

* edit - i know vista had stacks (& baskets?)...then saved searches ... not sure what it is now - hope its like above  (like icons above that show height) click one - the album covers (or thumbnails) flyout in a fan/overlap..  or something. Ive only loaded Vista on laptop - never used "aero" ...ever

ps - Steve jobs better not be the only steve who's "hidding features" Wink

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler
  • User profile image
    Rossj

CoverFlow works quite well for plating specific albums, but erm.. OSX. Sorry.  It still isn't as fancy as Jamie's stacks.

• User profile image
    jamie

HumanCompiler wrote:

..yes. Smiley  but its not like Windows.
    I just want the windows i know to be all cool (like that..)... but not a poker game UI

;p

* seems everyone wants to change things - not make them better (thats the way it was and we liked it!) - .  Me - id leave < interuption - Click - "Restart later"> what everyone knows - then blow them away with a new classic - better -a 6 million dollar man classic - luna vista - aero vista... bla bla  (how ID software would do Classic..etc)  but have the old ones too!

anyway this is all old news
    im going to cottage for 3 days - no internet - recharrrrge

will take some 9 guys though... and try to get angie to sing a song on video... and footage of mazie...  ahhh!
    Smiley 

*edit sorry for the thread hijack jmacdonagh </end>

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.