Coffeehouse Thread

52 posts

What tries your patience?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

What things are there that really make you struggle to be patient? What is it that really winds you up so tight that you get narky?

Me? It is my new 20" iMac sat in a box next to my desk here that I am under orders* not to open until tonight ..... I am getting so wound up I think I might unravel.

* on pain of upsetting wife.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

That's not fair.... why can't you open it until tonight? You have a new toy, new toys need playing with right away! Big Smile

When I go into a company and see a load of software which isn't legal!!!!

Also when I'm trying to figure something out and I just can't get my head around it, I get really frustrated and just want to know how to do it!

(WOL over WiFi is a good example of this!) Big Smile Tongue Out

EDIT: Seen your comment about upsetting your wife.... but isn't this how you make a living?

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

think of it as a carrot instead of a stick.

If you work hard and get your work done quick you can leave early!
    ( it is Poets Day after all! )

How long do you think it will take to install windows on it? Wink

• User profile image
    DarthVista

Seeing people using open source products or worse, pirated products, frustrates me.  Close that source!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

DarthVista wrote:
    Seeing people using open source products or worse, pirated products, frustrates me.  Close that source!

Other people opening their mouths when they shouldn't.

Real Answer: Not understanding something, and being the only person who knows that particular language. This is happening more and more lately

• User profile image
    phreaks

1. People that drive 10+ miles Under the speed limit
    2. People that pee on the floor in the mens room
    3. Groups of people that walk together slowly in a group and take up the entire hallway, you typically get stuck behind these groups when you are late for a meeting.
    4. I really get irked by the people on the subway that use the stairs as a place to stop and talk on their cell phone or otherwise be slow. We have trains to catch folks, keep it moving!
    5. The US tax system tries my patience.
    6. Most hollywood people (famous ones) irk me off anytime they open their mouth to preach to us.
    7. The guy down the street with the loudest Harley ever that feels compelled to sit in his drive-way and rev his engine @ 2:30 am, irks me off a bit.
    8. Subway cars that don't have air conditioning on a 95 degree day.

That's it for now.

• User profile image
    theLawless1

Users.....  Especially the ones that refuse to accept anything you say.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Stupid conspiracy theories that gain traction because they are more interesting to believe than the mundane truth

Some things drive me in to a shout at the radio/tv rage.

• User profile image
    Rowan

Clients who want to change a graphic on a web page because they can.

• User profile image
    Rossj

AdrianJMartin wrote:
    How long do you think it will take to install windows on it? Wink

Just about when hell freezes over Wink I'll be using Parallels desktop, so I will be installing windows in the background.

The shop I went to had a mac on display running Windows, made me feel funny, but I will no doubt get used to it.

Another thing that tries my patience, telephone credit checks, what is your date of birth, what is your mothers maiden name - not only is this stuff *easy* to find out it annoys me that I have to take 10 minutes to make a purchase that should take 1.  I guess it would be complaining if someone were making charges to my account though Smiley

• User profile image
    Tensor

ooh! ooH! Bad customer service. There is no need for it. It may cost you a little more in the short term but it will ALLWAYS be worth it in the long run.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Poor documentation, or a lack of it, tries my patience every time.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Rossj wrote:
    Me? It is my new 20" iMac sat in a box next to my desk here that I am under orders* not to open until tonight ..... I am getting so wound up I think I might unravel.

* on pain of upsetting wife.

Why does your wife try to torture you? You have to tell it to her once and for all: "You can not stand between me and new toys."

• User profile image
    steel300

Tensor wrote:
    Stupid conspiracy theories that gain traction because they are more interesting to believe than the mundane truth

QFT

Even the History Channel lately has been getting on my nerves with all the UFO garbage.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

When I post tech questions on pro forums like this or asp.net and I get no response. My questions are usually a doosie, and the only searches I do bring up other people needing help on the same subject. Cool

• User profile image
    Tensor

steel300 wrote:

Tensor wrote: Stupid conspiracy theories that gain traction because they are more interesting to believe than the mundane truth

QFT

Even the History Channel lately has been getting on my nerves with all the UFO garbage.

At the moment it is this August 22nd crap. Aaaargh!

• User profile image
    billh

Tensor wrote:
    At the moment it is this August 22nd crap. Aaaargh!
    Normally I don't like "conspiracy theories" either, but this one is a bit different I think (I hope I'm wrong)...but we really are dealing with a nutcase over there...and the media is trying to make the guy look like some kind of hero (the recent Mike Wallace interview of him is rather odd, considering that Wallace used to be rather tough on some people he interviewed). I mean, this guy thinks he is going to usher in his religion's end time prophecy...and there seems to be a lot of coordination going on in different parts of the world. The point is, these people will keep on trying to wreck things and target civilians, and they aren't afraid of dying over it.

• User profile image
    Custard555

I hate it when poeple push in, walking or drving, GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr:@

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.