Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Charles: Be Safe

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

footballism wrote:

blowdart wrote:
    I thought you were working and didn't have free time? Sorry

I know it's quite ridiculous, but my so called business visit has been dramatically and unimaginably transformed into a sightseeing trip, and above all, It's free

Sheva

Are you likely to come again?

• User profile image
    footballism

Rossj wrote:

If I can earn 10, 000 RMB per month, then I can afford the trip to London, you know, I really love London, It's just a fantastic place.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Sabot

footballism wrote:

Rossj wrote:

If I can earn 10, 000 RMB per month, then I can afford the trip to London, you know, I really love London, It's just a fantastic place.

Sheva

I'm glad you like London. I love showing people from over-countries around.

I did see a film recently on Shanghai, the city look amazing! I want to visit.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot wrote:

I did see a film recently on Shanghai, the city look amazing! I want to visit.

I have a friend (who I haven't seen for a decade, but I know he is still a friend) who does TEFL over in China, and I have a couple of Chinese friends - currently in England - and I would love to visit, as soon as both my kids are up to flying the distance (and can sit still for longer than 30 seconds) I think we will be going.  It is important, to me, that my kids get to see the world and China is high on the list of starting points Smiley

I want to see this, for real.

• User profile image
    Andy_S

Charles wrote:
    Thanks all. Jeff and I made it out alive

Laura is leaving tomorrow. Safe travels, Laura.

I'm in London now, typing this while listening t the rain hit my round window. Great Eastern Hotel is quite stylish, but my room is tiny. It feels like a dorm room, although with more overt style...

Will head out and explore soon or maybe catch up on sleep. I'm sort of dazed. What a trip...

Cheers,
    C

PS: Jeff is en route to Seattle. He went to Amsetrdam via Delhi. One stop in Minneapolis. Then home. Safe travels, Jeff! And safe travels to all of the IC people (students and staff). It's hectic at the airport in Delhi. Be prepared.

The realy gotcha about this is that we've been told that you can only take a book as carry on luggage, man if the on board entertainment keels over the plane is going to be loooong ride.

Here's hoping Delhi airport is emptier at 5 in the morning...

• User profile image
    irascian

Andy_S wrote:

The realy gotcha about this is that we've been told that you can only take a book as carry on luggage,

It's worse than that here. You can't take any books or magazines through security so you have to pack everything into your checkin baggage.

You CAN buy a magazine or book once you're past security. Faced with a long flight what are YOU going to do?

Oh well, at least the shops inside the airport and past the security check-ins will be happy - lots of increased sales!

I'm sure MI5 or whoever made this decision will have a reason for why a book/magazine one side of the security check-in is dangerous, but the other side isn't. After all, the ability to get dodgy and potentially dangerous materials to the shops with casual labour inside the airport is non-existent isn't it?! (FX: rolls eyes)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.