Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Free, as in free events!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

The MSDN team is hitting the road again delivering free events, and talking developer stuff. The topics we'll be covering are :

Click here to find an event near you, and register. See ya soon,

"ai"

PS: Come to the event, and you'll get a free DVD that's packed with resources.

• User profile image
    pathfinder

I just registered.  I have done some stuff with AJAX but I am interested to learn more about it with ASP.NET.

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

Awesome! You'll love it!

ai

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Why is Little Rock being dropped as an MSDN event site?

I'm miffed!

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Tuesday Tampa FL,

I'll be there.

anyone else from Tampa ?

any MSFT folks posting here that will be there ??

-- I guess Russ will be there.

Denny

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

Hey JohnAskew,

We typically rotate between a few different cities in a given region when we do our road-tour. Unfortunately, Little Rock seems to have slipped to November on our tour schedule. Our current schedule (on http://www.msdnevents.com) only lists events till the end of September, but we'll refresh that in the near future.

So, I apologize that Little Rock isn't on the current schedule... But stay tuned. We have not forgotten Little Rock! Wink

ai

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

Programous wrote:

Quick question. I’m 16 and in High School, would it be acceptable for me to attend something like this?

Hey Programous,

Absolutely. The event's free and open to all, and its G-rated (for the most part, at least) Wink

ai

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

figuerres wrote:
    Tuesday Tampa FL,

I'll be there.

anyone else from Tampa ?

Denny

Hey Denny,

Yep, Russ is your guy - he'll be there. Not sure about any of the other 'softies, but as much as I'd like to visit Tampa, I will not be there.

Go Bucs! Wink

ai

• User profile image
    figuerres

artificialignorance wrote:

figuerres wrote: Tuesday Tampa FL,

I'll be there.

anyone else from Tampa ?

Denny

Hey Denny,

Yep, Russ is your guy - he'll be there. Not sure about any of the other 'softies, but as much as I'd like to visit Tampa, I will not be there.

Go Bucs!

ai

just looked at your blog.

California Eh?

I was born there, Stockton.

I used to go to "Sacratomato" a lot and was at a meeting in a local  MSFT office in .... Hmmm....
    was that Redwood City, Yea that was the one -- about 97 ish when IE 4 was the "new thing"
    back then I worked for an ISP you may have seen inreach internet.
    I was with them back then when John Keagy was the head guy.

I did IE signup CD's for them that had Mac and WIndows versions of IE and used very early IEAK bits....

we had a meeting where at the end we were asked what software we wanted and one guy asked for soemthing that he really should not have and the answer was:

Only if you also take our suppy of "BoB" at the same time Smiley
    they had a ton of boxes of that that no one would ever take Wink

Ah... the days of running the support center for a dialup ISP !

-- ok try this and call us back if it don't work, No I'm sorry but I think this will work and you only have one phone line so I cant stay on the line with you while you try it....

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Anand,
         Do you know if they are having any XAML/WPF sessions?? I could actually talk my manager into letting me go to the one in Phnx if it's something work aligned with my skillset.

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Anand,
         Do you know if they are having any XAML/WPF sessions?? I could actually talk my manager into letting me go to the one in Phnx if it's something work aligned with my skillset.

Hey Cybermagellan,

Unfortunately, no WPF talks planned on this go-around. Sorry! We recently did a tour where WPF was one of the topics discussed. Stay tuned however - we may plan to do another tour with WPF as one of the sessions some time in the future.

Thanks,

ai

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

I'll see you there.... Already using .Net 2.0 and AJAX.... but I like to come and see whats going on there is always something new to learn ... plus free stuff is good Tongue Out

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

Ang3lFir3 wrote:
    I'll see you there.... Already using .Net 2.0 and AJAX.... but I like to come and see whats going on there is always something new to learn ... plus free stuff is good

Awesome - bring a friend or two Smiley

ai

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

any plan to do this in the UK at all?

• User profile image
    artificiali​gnorance

leeappdalecom wrote:
    any plan to do this in the UK at all?

Hey leeappdalecom,

We (MSDN evangelists in the US) work a little differently from our counterparts in the UK. It appears that they just concluded a road tour - http://www.microsoft.com/uk/msdn/events/default.mspx. It's unclear whether they'll do another one anytime soon. Expressionless

Thanks,

ai

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.