Coffeehouse Thread

77 posts

This is exactly why Linux/OSS scares people away...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • dotnetjunkie

    I came across an interesting article containing a link to a website with a few articles and code samples.

    Well, try visiting the site, using Internet Explorer:

    http://www.lobstertech.com/solutions.php

    and read the text (yeah a full page insulting us..., and Microsoft)

    "Internet Explorer users are not welcome on this website. You are a horrible person for using Internet Explorer; and the fact that you are trying to access highly technical information suggests that you know better. Shame on you. "    etc... etc...
    "I consider making a request to my web server with such an awful browser very RUDE."

    Why does he think that so many businesses and windows users are reluctant to join linux/oss communities?  Exactly, because of jerks and fanatics like him.

    Could you imagine putting detection scripts and writing a full page long text with "GO AWAY FIREFOX USER!" on your website?

  • brian.​shapiro

    I think people should flood his server with requests from IE causing it to crash. Rude indeed.

  • DoomBringer

    If I ever met that person, they wouldn't be able to write such garbage ever again.

  • n_lien

    I am one of the people who support linux and do prefer using firefox or Opera, etc. But myself and many others I hope are still there who do not go so far to attack people who use IE/Windows. Information should be made available to everyone and people shouldn't be ridiculed for their choice of applications. Windows and IE are still very popular in the business environment and I doubt it will change soon. Because of that many people also use it at home. It's easy and comes on computers by default.

  • Chadk

    Wow.
    This seems like one of those Linux-Kiddies!
    They live on the dream, that microsoft are filled with evil people, that want to get people to use their software, so they can reach world domination and get rich, aswell as control the world.

    It truely shows his ignorence. It could just aswell have been statsment saying "OMFGZZZZZ PLZ¿ MICROSOFT SUX, LINUX ROX, N00B!", and think he is cool because he is saying that.

    But nice job. Making the largest part of the users of the internet, unable to browse his sites. Street credits++;
    Or wait..

    This is simply horror.

  • Rotem Kirshenbaum

    Chadk wrote:
    
    It truely shows his ignorence. It could just aswell have been statsment saying "OMFGZZZZZ PLZ¿ MICROSOFT SUX, LINUX ROX, N00B!", and think he is cool because he is saying that.


    You forgot to spell Microsoft with a $ Tongue Out

    Rotem

  • Chadk

    Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote:
    
    Chadk wrote: 
    It truely shows his ignorence. It could just aswell have been statsment saying "OMFGZZZZZ PLZ¿ MICROSOFT SUX, LINUX ROX, N00B!", and think he is cool because he is saying that.


    You forgot to spell Microsoft with a $

    Rotem

    Oh Crap, im fail Expressionless

    Obivious im not a good anti-microsoft guy!

  • IRenderable

    From what he has on the site I doubt this guy is for real, no one is that ridiculas.

    My favirote quote from the site:
    " So why hire me? Because I probably know more about business and technology than you do... I'm a pimp."


  • UlsterFry

    This guy is such a good web developer that he can't even set up a @lobstertech.com domain forwarder but uses <jtunney@gmail.com> instead.

    I'd hire him.. ..put him in a bin and hit it with 9-irons.

  • Rossj

    Sometimes I feel sorry for the Linux guys, I mean we have VistaWillShip DarthVista and all but there seem to be soo many more 'aggrieved personalities' in the Linux world.  It is a pity that it is the technology that suffers at the hands of these 'advocates'.

  • Xaero_​Vincent

    Look, its beer with a beanie! Hah I can see doing buisness with this clown:

    [pimp]

    Enough said really.


    Regards,
    Vincent

  • compugab
  • Rossj

    compugab wrote:


    Good post! Smiley
    I think it is hard not to agree that Microsoft has gotten a lot better than it was, but some people will alwsy refuse to leave the early 90s .. I expect in another 10 years to see posts from people who weren't even alive in the 90s criticising Microsoft for the way they were ..

  • TommyCarlier

    If you say Microsoft is still evil, because they were kinda naughty in the nineties, then IBM has to be über-evil, because they used to build machines for the nàzis.

  • alwaysmc2

    brian.shapiro wrote:
    I think people should flood his server with requests from IE causing it to crash. Rude indeed.

    Exactly. It would be one thing if the page was incompatable with IE, but that's not the case.Mad

  • cyber_rigger
  • BryanF

    cyber_rigger wrote:
    Err... non sequitor?

  • TimP

    Don't confuse Linux users with Firefox users. I use Linux and I've found the Firefox crowd to be a rabid bunch that you should stay away from. I've seen more of this sort of IE discrimination lately. This one is better than most though, often they do it so they can slap their Google/Firefox button on there and make a buck off a referral. This guy just seems to have an axe to grind.

    What really annoys me about Firefox people are the ones who claim that IE users are sheep. Is it not possible to prefer IE because it's faster and better browser for my needs?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.