Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

London Niners - Meet and Greet Tonight

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

How does tonight work for London Niners to have a few drinks, chat and even get on camera? I am located in the business district - The Great Eastern Hotel. There are a few cool places nearby and even a nice pub at the hotel. What works best for everyone? What time? Is tonight a good time? I am off to do some sight seeing in the rain but will check back here when I return.

Looking forward to meeting you! I will have my video camera so be prepared for interviews (probably best to do before the drinking begins) Smiley

C

PS: send mail and we can exchane cell numbers. For those who have already mailed me, thanks! You will be hearing from me this afternoon.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Charles wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you! I will have my video camera so be prepared for interviews (probably best to do before the drinking begins) 

Would be interresting tho Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dear god the hotel's web site is awful; could I find the address, no!

It's at Liverpool Street Station in the Square Mile.

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

blowdart wrote:
    Dear god the hotel's web site is awful; could I find the address, no!

It's at Liverpool Street Station in the Square Mile.

I wouldn't say it's awful.
    Took me all of 2 seconds to find the address (and a map) -> Main menu, 3rd option = Location

It's a nice looking hotel,  bit clinical in places, but some nice touches.

• User profile image
    irascian

Well I found the details quite quickly but it is a Godawful web site - classic example of style over substance, with the user being slowed down with annoying Flash animations and "luvvie" guff when all most users want is the basic information.

It's depressing how many sites like this there are on the Internet and how much money has changed hands to "design" them.

• User profile image
    Simo

Well this eve is good for me.

Plenty of places to choose from in that area.

• User profile image
    Jaz

i won't be able to make it tonight i'm sorry.

have a great time guys

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

Not near London this weekend Sad shame....

Have a good time

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

You should check out Henry's Bar in Bloomfield Street bout 15secs from Liverpool Street station. Used to go in there after work for a few Kronenbergs Smiley  Or the Railway Tavern is alright for a more traditional pub night!

• User profile image
    Charles

Just talked to David Oliver, aka Sabot, via LIve Messenger Phone. He and his wife and some Aussie friends are coming to pick me up to take a London tour. Thanks, Sabot!

He has the numbers of some other London Niners (I have a few too). We will make a plan, make some calls, and make some Nine history!

Cheers,
    C

• User profile image
    Jaz

if anything is going down over the next few days then let me know, i can arrange myself properly as getting from cardiff to london on short notice on a sunday is a hassle specially with the charity sheild going on.

my mobile number is 07725814628

• User profile image
    footballism

Jaz wrote:

if anything is going down over the next few days then let me know, i can arrange myself properly as getting from cardiff to london on short notice on a sunday is a hassle specially with the charity sheild going on.

Chelsea trails now:P

Sheva

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Charles wrote:
    How does tonight work for London Niners to have a few drinks, chat and even get on camera? I am located in the business district - The Great Eastern Hotel. There are a few cool places nearby and even a nice pub at the hotel. What works best for everyone? What time? Is tonight a good time? I am off to do some sight seeing in the rain but will check back here when I return.

Looking forward to meeting you! I will have my video camera so be prepared for interviews (probably best to do before the drinking begins) 

C

PS: send mail and we can exchane cell numbers. For those who have already mailed me, thanks! You will be hearing from me this afternoon.

I think it's pretty cool how niners often get the oppurtunity to meet Microsoft employees in places like a pub or tech fair. I think very few companies do anything like this if any. Smiley

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    System

I would love to come, but I havent really been here long enough to get to know people. Plus I have just finished work and very tired. Have a good time, and hope to see them videos soon!

• User profile image
    DarthVista

It's been rumored that if anyone mentions either Beer, Blatz, vistawillship, DarthVista, or help us now, "Shooby", that Charles will buy you a free shot of whatever liquor you want.

DarthVista recommends Rumplemintz.

• User profile image
    blowdart

DarthVista wrote:

It's been rumored that if anyone mentions either Beer, Blatz, vistawillship, DarthVista, or help us now, "Shooby", that Charles will buy you a free shot of whatever liquor you want.

DarthVista recommends Rumplemintz.

Actually we did have a couple of schnapps shots each.

Am now staggering to bed.

Ack.

• User profile image
    irascian

blowdart wrote:

Actually we did have a couple of schnapps shots each.

Am now staggering to bed.

Ack.

I've just staggered out of bed (time for work!)

My head hurts!

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks for hanging out. It was great to finally put people to avatars Smiley

Simo, sorry we missed you. I didn't check my email until I returned...

Great feedback last night. Plenty of things to think about for C9 going forward...

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.