Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

XBOX Live coming to Windows?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Micrsoft to Introduct Panorama

"Shacknews has learned from reputable sources who wish to remain nameless that Microsoft plans to introduce what seems to be a Windows gaming service called "Panorama." Apparently, Panorama will be a part of Windows Vista and will act essentially as Xbox Live Arcade for Windows. PC gamers will be able to not only play Live Arcade games, but will also be able to engage in multiplayer gaming versus gamers playing on the Xbox 360 version of the service."

and then from a blog of someone on the XBOX Team

"Not sure where this theory came from, but I can tell you that Panorama is simply a codename. As we announced at E3, we're looking to extend the Xbox Live community and services to other platforms; Panorama is simply the first stage of that, where we extend Xbox Live services to Windows. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't read too much into this myself. Wink"

• User profile image
    Rowan

I can't begin to imagine how great the XBox Live community must be, I want to join their world. Not.

I guess this would just enforce the point that Xboxes are like an underpowered gaming PC with the exact same games and services.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

There was an article on this is the offical XBOX360 Magazine.... Wink

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Rowan wrote:
    I can't begin to imagine how great the XBox Live community must be, I want to join their world. Not.

Make sure Sony knows that, as they're rolling out their XBL clone Smiley

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

i only bother gaming on a console these days, ive got a 360 (amongst others). The thing I like about consoles is that when you buy them, at least you can get games for them for a few years.
    With a PC, you have to upgrade your system every 6 months or so in order to play the latest games.

• User profile image
    System

I'm an avid console gamer. I prefer playing consoles then pc's. No installing, and like martin said , no need to upgrade to play the latest games. I like the fact that I can go out, buy a game and play it straight away, sitting on my couch.

• User profile image
    Nitz Walsh

martin_lovick wrote:
    With a PC, you have to upgrade your system every 6 months or so in order to play the latest games.

Games had "video settings" option for a reason.

Every 2 years?  Perhaps.  Every 6 months?  Ridiculous hyperbole.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.