Coffeehouse Thread

30 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How can I get a Channel9 Guy???

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ubercoder

I love to put it on my desk...

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

First you have to send a postcard to Microsoft and wait years. I sent in a request a long time ago.

• User profile image
    ubercoder

Why???

Is a collection item??? Wink

• User profile image
    erik_

ubercoder wrote:
    Why???

Is a collection item???

They are handmade by steve ballmer in his spare time Cool

• User profile image
    neus

I want one too .. otherwise i'll have to use my ubber skills *cof* *cof* and make one myself [6]

• User profile image
    jamie

* said the guy with too many 9 guys * ...

i was thinking about this...  why doesnt c9 just send a box or 2 to each Microsoft location.

for example - if i knew i could drive out to missisauga to the ms office to get one - i would have done that long ago

Just leave them at reception

?

would probably be easier to send them to 200 offices than to 200,000 niners

of course then there's no need for postcards - you just go to ms and get one

*edit:  not sure but i think there are also MS Stores in each location...   maybe just sell'em for a buck.  That way people could get more than one (i would have bought 20)

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

I want one too!! Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

send us an email with your address.  it's that easy.
    C

• User profile image
    neus

Charles wrote:
    send us an email with your address.  it's that easy.
    C

Do you send it overseas ? Whats the email adress again ? Big Smile

• User profile image
    mot256

neus wrote:

Charles wrote:send us an email with your address.  it's that easy.
    C

Do you send it overseas ? Whats the email adress again ?

Good question… Charles?

• User profile image
    jeffsand

We're a small team and share the work of mailing these out amongst the team.  We haven't done the best in the past with distributing the 9 Guys in a timely fashion.

I'm Sorry. Sad

We're much better now at it and usually have them out within 4 weeks (max) of receipt of a postcard/request.

If you've asked for a 9 Guy in the past and did not receive one, please send me an email via the site and include your mailing address.

Thanks!

• User profile image
    jamie

jeffsand wrote:

We're a small team and share the work of mailing these out amongst the team.  We haven't done the best in the past with distributing the 9 Guys in a timely fashion.

I'm Sorry.

We're much better now at it and usually have them out within 4 weeks (max) of receipt of a postcard/request.

If you've asked for a 9 Guy in the past and did not receive one, please send me an email via the site and include your mailing address.

Thanks!

hey jeff Smiley

what about the above idea ... just givem to your worldwide offices.  sell them even? (cheap) Im sure many people need more than one anyway. 

edit - or since your all master coders - make an online form...  9 guys 9¢ ea + shipping..   how ever many you want - total - submit!
    *get amazon to do it - free shipping...

• User profile image
    jeffsand

jamie wrote:

what about the above idea ... just givem to your worldwide offices.  sell them even? (cheap) Im sure many people need more than one anyway. 

edit - or since your all master coders - make an online form...  9 guys 9¢ ea + shipping..   how ever many you want - total - submit!
    *get amazon to do it - free shipping...

I want to try and see if we can continue to give them out for free and if our new system works. 

Right now we've worked out a deal with the reception staff in our building to mail them out for us.  All we need to do is supply them with a list of names/addresses and they will push them out for us which is much better than what we were doing before.   Evangelism does have employees in every major subsidiary so if this doesn't work that just might be an option.

Thanks for helping think this through Jamie. 

• User profile image
    jeffsand

neus wrote:
    Do you send it overseas ? Whats the email adress again ?

Yes.  Many, many go overseas.  We also love it when you can take pictures of them when you get them.

Just send me an email via this site and we'll get one on your way.

• User profile image
    ubercoder

I just got my C9 guy in the mail yesterday. I took only 3 months to arrive.

I guess, I can call myself a real Niner from now on.

Thanks guys.

• User profile image
    die-Sel

i just tryed to email for a 9guy but am not sure if it went ok, kept getting an unknown error message after 3times and on the 4th it just loaded up the index page.

hope its went ok,

• User profile image
    Gravy

I had the same problem, but then I realised I had not logged in. Once logged in it seemed to send ok.

Guess we'll know in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed).

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

If you are in Little Rock, Arkansas, I still have a few I could hand out.

I don't just pass them out to anyone... [A]

I've got an envelope addressed to Ion Todriel of Moldova on my desk this morning, Jeff, so let me know today if you've already sent one his way.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.