Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Worst Microsoft Product

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Urmila1234
  • User profile image
    BryanF

Not really. I can't see how a serious poll can group Windows ME and Windows Server 2003 in the same category.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Urmila1234 wrote:

Where's Microsoft Bob?

• User profile image
    Urmila1234

Yaa good point.....they are different...But I guess they just categorized it as OS....

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

BryanF wrote:
    Not really. I can't see how a serious poll can group Windows ME and Windows Server 2003 in the same category.

Yeah, considering:
    WinME = crap
    WinServer 2k3 = solid platinum awesome.  With special ninja-burger BBQ sauce.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

DoomBringer wrote:
    WinServer 2k3 = solid platinum awesome.  With special ninja-burger BBQ sauce.

Except for the $$$ license fees.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

W3bbo wrote:

DoomBringer wrote: WinServer 2k3 = solid platinum awesome.  With special ninja-burger BBQ sauce.

Except for the $$$ license fees.

Yeah...
    I got mine for cheap from a tech tour.  Heh.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

W3bbo wrote:

Urmila1234 wrote: Interesting Poll...

http://www.earnfm.com/default.asp?activityType=POLL

Where's Microsoft Bob?

Who?Wink

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

They don't mention 'Visual Source Safe', my write-in candidate.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

I'd like to know why 10% voted Flight Simulator 2004 as the worst game.

Heh I thinks its the best flight sim game on market. In fact, real commercial airline pilots use it for training since the cockpit and controls are so realistic.

Ok I'm done. Tongue Out

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    jb43081

The poll seems to be kind of "So, do you still beat your wife?" type of thing.

Of the products listed, you can have a "least favorite" but any vote will likely be interpreted as "Everything sucks, but this sucks worst of all!"

Now, if "Bob" and "Source Safe" were in there, I might vote Wink

However, for a small show with little money, "Source Safe" is still better than nothing.

• User profile image
    KosherCoder

just more propaganda.
    The last option is talking about performance. So, either the entire poll is asking what the worst performing software is, or the poll writer equates performance with quality, alone.

dumb.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

BryanF wrote:

Yeah, that's just rediculous. WinMe was terrible, Win2003 was great.

This poll makes zero sense whatsoever.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Ye, this poll is crap.

Worst product ever?

Windows ME!

Best? I cant really make my mind if its Vista or Visual Studio 05 Sad

• User profile image
    sbc

Where is Frontpage (better now than it was in the past though)?

• User profile image
    nojetlag

I really would love to know who had the idea for MS Bob, is this person back on this planet or is he still on the moon ?

• User profile image
    Urmila1234

I guess so many products suck.... tough to pick which one would end up in the worst 10.... Hotmail was very good when it was "NOT MICROSOFT".... They just screwed the product......

• User profile image
    Unoriginal​Guy

I think "stupid" poll more accurately describes it.

Such a question also depends on by which standard you judge a product. Did the product function as designed? Did it function error/bug free? Did it function well when not used as designed?

Windows ME, with well written drivers on perfect hardware is a solid Operating System... But drivers aren't well written and hardware isn't solid and thus it is painful to use in the real world.

The same can be said with a lot of Microsoft's "failures." On paper they look like great concepts but in the real world they fall flat on their face.

The Microsoft product I dislike the most is Windows ME because it gives me the most hassle... But I can't think of the worst Microsoft product without some basis for judging them. There haven't been any products that simply didn't work, they all work, its just to what degree and how easily.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.