Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

great video that someone posted recently... ('·',)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    carolina180​nc
  • User profile image
    Minh

Eeeww gross. They haven't invented penicilin back then, hope he didn't get an infection or something.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:
    Eeeww gross. They haven't invented penicilin back then, hope he didn't get an infection or something.

You mean tetanus from the rusty nails? Yeah, I did wonder about that. It might explain why he died in a matter of hours...rather than days.

But you know, as they say: "Always look on the bright side of life"

• User profile image
    W3bbo

carolina180nc wrote:

"Do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

Matthew 6:7
    , I love that verse, great for sane Vs. naive forum spammer evangelist.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

hail the dark lord COBOL

• User profile image
    koorb

Passion of the Christ was a snuff film. How anybody can show that material with a conscience is beyond my understanding.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

I praise to the one true text editor god, Emacs.
    http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/religion/

• User profile image
    Balatron

I've been following Channel 9 for a few months now and, is it me, or is this a common occurance? 

Grrr..bugs me.  What some people see as evangelization I find to be just plain out of place and pushy.  I'll stick to the words of St. Francis "Preach always, when necessary use words."

W3bbo wrote:

"Do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

Matthew 6:7
    , I love that verse, great for sane Vs. naive forum spammer evangelist.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

koorb wrote:
    Passion of the Christ was a snuff film. How anybody can show that material with a conscience is beyond my understanding.

Snuff films don't exist.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

IRenderable wrote:

koorb wrote: Passion of the Christ was a snuff film. How anybody can show that material with a conscience is beyond my understanding.

Snuff films don't exist.

Well, at the very least, there has been one televised suicide (that guy in Pennsylvania).  Thats close to a snuff film.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

W3bbo wrote:

Minh wrote: Eeeww gross. They haven't invented penicilin back then, hope he didn't get an infection or something.

You mean tetanus from the rusty nails? Yeah, I did wonder about that. It might explain why he died in a matter of hours...rather than days.

haha, well he died in a matter of hours because a guard put a spear in Jesus' side.
    But honestly, the evangelizing on Channel9?  Basically, it makes Christians look one-minded, when most of us really aren’t

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

alwaysmc2 wrote:

W3bbo wrote:
    Minh wrote: Eeeww gross. They haven't invented penicilin back then, hope he didn't get an infection or something.

haha, well he died in a matter of hours because a guard put a spear in Jesus' side.
    But honestly, the evangelizing on Channel9?  Basically, it makes Christians look one-minded, when most of us really aren’t

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. The initiator simply posted a link to a small video - no harm done. It's not like he beat around any bush, since the url clearly says "Thank you Jesus Christ".

• User profile image
    billh

alwaysmc2 wrote:
    "One minded"? I think, depending on the discussion, it can be brought up. But yeah, a lot of people have had lots of bad experiences in the past with various preachers/congregations, and that definitely colors people's perceptions. I learned a lot more by reading up on things on my own, and I also came to realize how little of the Bible actually gets taught in any given church. But then again, I can talk about various programming languages/technologies just as much as the next guy on this board.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Silence is wisdom. We teach with our deeds.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

JohnAskew wrote:

Silence is wisdom. We teach with our deeds.

Jesus didn't stop with just his deeds Wink Nor did his disciples Smiley But respect to ya, mate Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.