Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New .NET Show episode

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Arisen from the ashes of obscurity the new .NET Show episode has arrived.  The episode is about Longhorn Server.  This episode does not require validation to download.  To Linux and BSD Users:  Run the exe through Wine to expand the video and use MPlayer or Xine to view.  Make sure you have the w32codecs package installed.

Link

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

The .NET show never withered away as far as I'm concerned. The last episode was in July. If you looked at the overal trend, an episode per month is normal.

Anyway I'll have to watch this. Especially if whats her face is still doing the MSDN news. LOL Big Smile

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Yeah Erica Weichers still does MSDN News.  Lovely women, she looks good.  Looks like she has lost some weight, or it may be the outfit.  She's 90% of why I watch it.  Her and Hess should switch places, he do the news she does the rest.

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    The .NET show never withered away as far as I'm concerned. The last episode was in July. If you looked at the overal trend, an episode per month is normal.

Anyway I'll have to watch this. Especially if whats her face is still doing the MSDN news. LOL

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Rossj

rjdohnert wrote:
    To Linux and BSD Users:  Run the exe through Wine to expand the video and use MPlayer or Xine to view. 

Erm. It is packaged in a .exe? Really? I thought the point of evangelism was reaching out to current and NEW audiences to convince them to listen to what you have to say. I guess they don't want Linux (or Mac) users watching these videos and thinking - cool I'll take a look at that it looks interesting.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Rossj wrote:

rjdohnert wrote: To Linux and BSD Users:  Run the exe through Wine to expand the video and use MPlayer or Xine to view. 

Erm. It is packaged in a .exe? Really? I thought the point of evangelism was reaching out to current and NEW audiences to convince them to listen to what you have to say. I guess they don't want Linux (or Mac) users watching these videos and thinking - cool I'll take a look at that it looks interesting.

it's compressed in a self-extracting-exe if you download it.

or you can do web-steaming of windows media to watch it.

not sure how that works in other OS's Perplexed

• User profile image
    Minh

rjdohnert wrote:
    This episode does not require validation to download.
    Haha. Don't give MS any idea.

"This Channel 9 video can only be watched on a validated machine. Would you like to affirm your Windows Genuine Advantage now?"

• User profile image
    Rossj

Minh wrote:

"This Channel 9 video can only be watched on a validated machine. Would you like to affirm your Windows Genuine Advantage now?"

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:

rjdohnert wrote:This episode does not require validation to download.

20 years from now, in addition to pleding allegiance to the Flag, students will also be required to pledge allegiance to Microsoft.

"I pledge allegiance to the Windows Flag of Microsoft, and to the capitalistic principles for which it stands: one Company under Bill, indivisible (by the Department of Justice), with DRM and Product Activation for all."

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

The last couple of episodes it required validation.

Minh wrote:

• User profile image
    DarthVista

W3bbo wrote:
    "I pledge allegiance to the Windows Flag of Microsoft, and to the capitalistic principles for which it stands: one Company under Bill, indivisible (by the Department of Justice), with DRM and Product Activation for all."
    Yes! I'm still working on a Vista salute, and yes, I think flags would be an incredible idea. Badges, too...

I can't wait to watch this episode.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Id never come back to C9 if they did that.

Minh wrote:

• User profile image
    irascian

rjdohnert wrote:
    Yeah Erica Weichers still does MSDN News.  Lovely women, she looks good.  Looks like she has lost some weight, or it may be the outfit.  She's 90% of why I watch it.  Her and Hess should switch places, he do the news she does the rest.

Well I'll agree she's easier on the eye, but you're thinking with your dick instead of your brain.

Erica is not a developer and she's great for reading very general news stories. But when you're interviewing techies you need to have a basic understanding of the technical aspects and the questions to ask. Robert has a background in development and is well qualified to do that. Erica would be hopeless without a script (not that I'm saying Robert doesn't have a script, but he can deviate from it when he needs to).

• User profile image
    blowdart

irascian wrote:

Well I'll agree she's easier on the eye, but you're thinking with your dick instead of your brain.

Well it worked for Rocket Boom ....

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Im sure read somewhere that she was a Program Manager at Microsoft. 

irascian wrote:

rjdohnert wrote:Yeah Erica Weichers still does MSDN News.  Lovely women, she looks good.  Looks like she has lost some weight, or it may be the outfit.  She's 90% of why I watch it.  Her and Hess should switch places, he do the news she does the rest.

Erica is not a developer and she's great for reading very general news stories. But when you're interviewing techies you need to have a basic understanding of the technical aspects and the questions to ask. Robert has a background in development and is well qualified to do that. Erica would be hopeless without a script (not that I'm saying Robert doesn't have a script, but he can deviate from it when he needs to).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.