Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Eric Schmidt joins Apple board

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

I wonder what is going on here .. looks like there might be a little teamwork .. I hope he isn't being set up as Job's replacement.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Rossj wrote:
    I wonder what is going on here .. looks like there might be a little teamwork .. I hope he isn't being set up as Job's replacement.

I personally don't think this is a good thing...it seems like to get back at Microsoft, Google will team up with whoever they have to...lets look at the list.

Mozilla
    Apple
    AOL
    Linux

but all they do with Microsoft is hire people away...

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

That's it.
    I've changed my default IE homepage from google to http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=&FORM=RENH

• User profile image
    Rossj

JohnAskew wrote:
    That's it.
    I've changed my default IE homepage from google to http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=&FORM=RENH

Sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face to me ...

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Rossj wrote:

JohnAskew wrote: That's it.

So far, so good. You've tried this?

• User profile image
    Rossj

JohnAskew wrote:

Rossj wrote:

Well. Erm. No. I actually use Google because it hosts nearly all of my stuff, and it is easier to stay in one place.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I dont like tying myself into any service for any reason.  I use MSN for my private calendering stuff, I use Gmail for my web based e-mail simply because the interface works in Linux and BSD whereas Live mail doesnt, I use AIM mail for my mailing list stuff and I plan to use XDrive when it becomes available.  I use MSN Virtual Earth before I use Google Earth because thats the only Microsoft service that works reliably across any platform and it is the only one.  They all have their pluses and minuses but so far I have found no one who seems really eager to use Google Apps for your domain.

Rossj wrote:

JohnAskew wrote:
    Rossj wrote:

Well. Erm. No. I actually use Google because it hosts nearly all of my stuff, and it is easier to stay in one place.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Its for publicity, no more, no less.

Cybermagellan wrote:

Rossj wrote:I wonder what is going on here .. looks like there might be a little teamwork .. I hope he isn't being set up as Job's replacement.

I personally don't think this is a good thing...it seems like to get back at Microsoft, Google will team up with whoever they have to...lets look at the list.

Mozilla
    Apple
    AOL
    Linux

but all they do with Microsoft is hire people away...

• User profile image
    Rossj

rjdohnert wrote:
    I have found no one who seems really eager to use Google Apps for your domain.

You didn't look very far - I do Wink

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I looked very far, you must have found a bunch of people who drink the Google Cola.  Also guess what, Mac OS X could be the new GoogleOS.  Google could be looking to buy Apple and integrate with Google.

Rossj wrote:

rjdohnert wrote:I have found no one who seems really eager to use Google Apps for your domain.

You didn't look very far - I do

• User profile image
    Rossj

rjdohnert wrote:
    I looked very far, you must have found a bunch of people who drink the Google Cola.

Actually I only drink the Apple Cola, mostly because I get caught up in Job's RDF.

rjdohnert wrote:
    Also guess what, Mac OS X could be the new GoogleOS.  Google could be looking to buy Apple and integrate with Google.

Nah, they partnered with Sun, a much more likely buy option and that went nowhere.

• User profile image
    jamie

rjdohnert wrote:
      Also guess what, Mac OS X could be the new GoogleOS.  Google could be looking to buy Apple and integrate with Google.

good point.  this article goes a bit further than just the press release - but it made me wonder...  jobs just unloaded pixar - there are rumours he is sick or looking sickly. Maybe he is getting ready to sell

then again - apples power is in its brand, and google doesnt really want to make computers ?

id guess its all about disney/abc content and itunes +google somehow

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.