Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Who has got SQL Everywhere working Everywhere?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    An_Angel

Curiosity question really because I haven't managed to get it working everywhere yet!  Who has got SQL Everywhere working Everywhere? 

I also know quite a few people are just refusing to use it at the moment because the server explorer can't be browsed to on the Everywhere edition. 

Is the product name misleading?

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Ive got SQL/e running on most platforms except for Windows 2000 (obviously not tried on Win98 and NT), although the SQL/e team did say that the next CTP release will have support for Windows 2000 so thats a relief.

So far ive got it to work on Windows XP/Tablet/Media Centre and Vista. I don't have a PDA with me yet to test it out on smart devices.

As for SQL Server Explorer not being able to browse a SQL/e database, if you connect to the database in SQL Management Studio using a SQL Mobile connection it works (Connection->SQL Mobile->Browse to database and enter optional password) it will work.

All in all ive had a good experience with SQL/e. The small runtime and footprint opens up some interesting oportunites for smart client applications.

An_Angel wrote:
    Curiosity question really because I haven't managed to get it working everywhere yet!  Who has got SQL Everywhere working Everywhere? 

I also know quite a few people are just refusing to use it at the moment because the server explorer can't be browsed to on the Everywhere edition. 

Is the product name misleading?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Maybe they should call it SQL Anywhere? (including the question mark).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.