Coffeehouse Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Issues with sounds in Vista, still in Pre-RC1

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rafael

Hello guys,

I'm currently testing Vista Pre-RC1, and even being happy that this build is miles away from it's predecessors, it still suffers from a very know problem for me, faced in previous betas.

The system is running well in performance, but during playback of songs, like listening music in Media Player, or even little songs the alerts of upcoming messages in Messenger or Outlook, it stucks the playback a lot. It's like very short pauses in playback.

I think it's unacceptable for a OS that targets the Multimedia market to have this kind of issue with sound playback. Note that the video playback runs pretty well and smothly, even with those kind of "noises" in the sound playback of that video.

I would like to know if you guys are facing the same kind of issue, and if you know how to fix that or some workaround.

My current configuration is a P4 3.0 HT processor with 1GB RAM. The soundcard is a Sound Blaster Audigy, but tests with the onboard SoundMax card got the same kind of result.

Regards,
    Rafa®

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.