Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

UK Advice :: ASP.net Web Hosting?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ben2004uk

Hello,

I need a new host!! My email has been down for the past 12 hours, and everything is being bounced back - not good!!  No one from the company has actually said anything yet.

So I have a set of requirements:

Cost - around £10 per month

Windows / ASP.net 2.0
    SQL Server Space
    20 - Unlimited Domains mapped (like a reseller account).  I need my personal space Wink

Anyone got any advice?

Looking at 1and1 at the moment as they have a 50% off deal for the year...brings it in directly on budget - but heard bad reports about them...

Please help!!

Thanks

Ben

• User profile image
    irascian

If you do a search this question about UK ISPs has come up MANY times in the past and usually resulted in quite a few recommendations.

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

Yeah, Google is great!!! but there is nothing like a human recommendation.

Hosters pay for good reviews from the directories, and generally people only post bad things when theres a problem - and rarely post good things just because.

I expect most of you have hosting, so was just after your reviews...

• User profile image
    Angus

Have you found anything yet ben2004uk? I am looking for similar hosting and I will be very interested to see what you find.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

I use www.hostmysite.com they are in the US but they was very cheap, they have everything I wanted and the support is excellent, i fully recommend them.

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

www.netplan.co.uk  are good professional high level uk provider,  however they are over my budget.

www.1and1.co.uk seem cheap! but heard bad reports - but 50 bad reports out of a reported 400,000 clients isn't bad.

www.redfoxuk.com again cheap! with them at the moment - but my email is down and no reports on when it will be back up.

• User profile image
    irascian

ben2004uk wrote:

Yeah, Google is great!!! but there is nothing like a human recommendation.

I meant search here in the Coffeehouse!

I'll repeat the same reply I've given every time it's come up before...

I've been with hostinguk.net after several other ISPs (Demon, Netscalibur, now Claranet, Pipex etc) - they are not only much cheaper but give the best service I've ever had. Several times I've been working on a Sunday afternoon and needed some help or IIS/SQL Server config changing (I use their shared server hosting) and they've always come back to me within half an hour of being contacted by email.

I'm sure there's cheaper available elsewhere (they just put their "dedicated server hosting" prices up Sad  ) but I'm not moving after years of incompetence from other companies.

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

Oh right, sorry Smiley

Looked at HostingUK and they look good, but not great for multiple domain names per account....

What I really want is a dedicated/virtual server....but thats way too much money for me at the moment.

• User profile image
    irascian

ben2004uk wrote:
    Oh right, sorry

Looked at HostingUK and they look good, but not great for multiple domain names per account....

What I really want is a dedicated/virtual server....but thats way too much money for me at the moment.

Why not drop them an email/give them a call explaining what you want and why they don't appear to be offering it. I've found them very flexible/helpful when the need arises.

• User profile image
    ASPFavor

Hmm, this is an old post, some of good asp.net web hosting could be found at

http://www.webhost4lifereview.com/best-web-hosting

Regards,

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.