Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

ANTI SMOKING

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sproutpunx

Now you've got to ask yourself why would you even consider sucking on a cancer stick? There is no benefit whatsoever! Smokers I have talked to tell me it makes them feel better, but if they had never tried it in the first place their body wouldn't crave the nicotine! Seriously now, think about what you're doing to yourself next time you pick up a cigarette, think about exactly what your lungs must be looking like, and instead just go to the gym!

Sorry if this seems a little ranty, but i have lost someone from smoking.

D

• User profile image
    juliankay

What's the point of this thread? Do you want smokers to answer the first question? Or are you just using Channel 9 to rant about random stuff.

• User profile image
    Shakes

sproutpunx wrote:
    Now you've got to ask yourself why would you even consider sucking on a cancer stick? There is no benefit whatsoever! Smokers I have talked to tell me it makes them feel better, but if they had never tried it in the first place their body wouldn't crave the nicotine! Seriously now, think about what you're doing to yourself next time you pick up a cigarette, think about exactly what your lungs must be looking like, and instead just go to the gym!

Sorry if this seems a little ranty, but i have lost someone from smoking.

D

Well, I wish it were that easy. Basically its almost a panic feeling. You tell us if we had never tried we wouldn't need it. True but with you never having been addicted you have no idea what the addiction is like. It's relapse rate is the same or greater than heroine. So don't tell me to just go to the gym.

Some people, it's easy to quit. Others it's not. It varies for each person. Easiest way to quit? Kill the tobacco industry and make them less easy to get.

• User profile image
    DEEETER

I think what the deal is is He/she wants a gmail account... There is a thread that tells you if you post a 30 word or more post on not smoking you will get a gmail account. But it is very old...

Go to the wiki if you want a gmail account. there is no wait...

And I could be wrong...

• User profile image
    phunky_avoc​ado

Nicotine stimulates dopamine production.  (Dopamine is the neurotransmitter that arouses feelings of pleasure.)  When the brain no longer needs to produce as much dopamine (because nicotine is doing it), it doesn't.  When you stop sucking down nicotine, there is a lack of dopamine production in the brain for some time.  A lack of dopamine feels like sand is coursing through your veins.  That is why smokers tell you they feel better.  They do.

• User profile image
    DEEETER

Smoking is a pain to stop. I have just stopped again I'm 2 months or so in this time... I have stopped before it is a *. But it is possible to do. But I have to say even now I still get the urge to smoke i.e driving...

• User profile image
    phunky_avoc​ado

I quit smoking two years ago.  I am still quitting...

DEEETER wrote:

Smoking is a pain to stop. I have just stopped again I'm 2 months or so in this time... I have stopped before it is a *. But it is possible to do. But I have to say even now I still get the urge to smoke i.e driving...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.