Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

RadioShack Lays Off Employees Via E-Mail

"RadioShack Corp. followed through on its announced plans to cut about 400 jobs, but the electronics retailer has been forced on the defensive about its method of notifying laid-off employees by e-mail."

"

Employees at the Fort Worth headquarters received an e-mail Tuesday morning telling them they were being dismissed immediately.

"The work force reduction notification is currently in progress," the notice stated. "Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated."

"

• User profile image
    blowdart

Better than SMS

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Cybermagellan wrote:
    RadioShack Lays Off Employees Via E-Mail

"RadioShack Corp. followed through on its announced plans to cut about 400 jobs, but the electronics retailer has been forced on the defensive about its method of notifying laid-off employees by e-mail."

"

Employees at the Fort Worth headquarters received an e-mail Tuesday morning telling them they were being dismissed immediately.

"The work force reduction notification is currently in progress," the notice stated. "Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated."

"

That's just wrong.  Just plain wrong.  "You've been fired to save money for us.  As a matter of fact, we're so cheap, we can't spend the time to tell it to you face to face."

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Harsh!

I had a friend who worked at a large insurer, and their method was to have large staff meetings, and then if you came back and found a cardboard box on your desk you could pack up your things and go.

Radio Shack has been in trouble for a long time...their stores always seemed empty, and their products overpriced. Of course, nowadays, you can search for cheaper prices online at their competitors.

Dang blasted internet!

• User profile image
    KosherCoder

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    Radio Shack has been in trouble for a long time...

I agree. I used to love Radio Shack. I had some Tandy systems growing up. It was a fun place to hang out when dragged to the mall.

However, they failed to adapt to the new age. It is a shame. They're not laying off many people, but I can't see how they'll be around in a few years at all.

RIP Radio Shack.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.