Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A Girl, a Mac, and Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Sorry Rory I had to rip you off.... via Digg..

http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo/archive/2006/08/30/732232.aspx

On being a Macintosh girl at Microsoft

"
    on our main campus in Redmond, Washington), I get strange looks. In an elevator, someone came up to me and told me that I had to be pretty special to get a PowerBook. I reminded him that Microsoft makes world-class Mac software, and someone’s gotta work on it. I had a building receptionist ask me if I needed her to call someone to come get me."

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

haha, see, Apple, we don't hate you, just your fanboys! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

thats excellent stuff and a great attitude. thanks for pointing this out. If only more people were like this. People who cross over the fences and help bring down walls. 

" I think it’s like those old Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups ads. Some people might say, ‘Keep your Microsoft off of my Mac!’ And some people might say, ‘Keep your Mac out of my Microsoft!’ But that’s the wrong attitude. Microsoft and Macintosh are two great tastes that taste great together."

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Do you Microsoft guys see any Linux laptops on Campus?  Have Charles, Jeff, or any of the nine team used or use Linux?  Just a curious question

• User profile image
    LaBomba

I'm sure they've used Linux before...they are geeks afterall Smiley

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

I used Linux a little bit while working at an ISP (my first job after dropping out of college).  Definitely not the most fun I've ever had, but it was fine.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

I used to use PERL/CGI and Unix. That's the closest I've come other than reading about MONO from time to time.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

rjdohnert wrote:
    Do you Microsoft guys see any Linux laptops on Campus?  Have Charles, Jeff, or any of the nine team used or use Linux?  Just a curious question

I see some Powerbooks (MacBooks now, sorry Smiley ) running both OSX and Windows, but I've never seen a Linux laptop in my building.

As for me, 9 years of X11 and Motif should be able to give me the Unix badge (and the scars) forever...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.