Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Woohoo - IE6 on OSX

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

IE6 on OSX, no virtualisation. Nice.

What will they think of next? I actually managed to post this from IE6/OSX and it asked me if I wanted to Ink a reply Wink

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Why on earth is the text in the c9 navigation bar italic!?

• User profile image
    Angus

Sven Groot wrote:

Presumably it is something to do with the base font, or default font. Whenever I go on Channel 9 on one of my other computers it is in Times New Roman.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sven Groot wrote:

The font handling is bizarre, this is not Quartz based code, it is X11 running with the Quartz-WM, so the font-handling sucks - big time. And it flashes like it is repainting - a lot, but then it is only beta. I guess I could go get the fonts, but to be honest I am not *that* bothered.

I've always liked the idea of Wine, but for some reason the reality just doesn't match up to the picture I have in my head, I can obviously run all of this stuff in Parallels now - but I just thought I would give it a try.

Regardless of how badly it looks whilst it is running though, it *is* running - you have to have some respect for the guys that have re-implemented that much of the Win32 api.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.