Coffeehouse Thread

105 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

RC1

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

couldnt resist the title Smiley

- thanks rickH for posting the blog info - *i think you scooped all news outlets except maryjo - and thanks MS for releasing this - again on a friday - and making everyones long weeked!

ok ... so first sightings of any RC1 screenshots - or changes - POSTEM here! ...1030 remaining...

edit: from news.com

"Work on Vista is not done, Allchin wrote. "We'll keep plugging away on application compatibility, as well as fit and finish," he wrote. He noted that software makers should use the RC1 release to certify their applications. "

= probably not a lot of change from pre-rc1  ( have hope! Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

screen shots

looks pretty much the same as pre-rc1
    ( hope for rc 2 then ha;)

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Installed it, it's running good, nice and fast. Everything seems to work as it should at first glance (no major bugs outright).

• User profile image
    Charles

I's a great build. There were some driver bugs in pre-RC1 (I found one of them, even...). I've not encountered any major issues yet. Quite impressed with performance and Aero.
    C

• User profile image
    andokai

The only bug I've encountered is quite minor. I first encountered it in 5536 and it's still there. If you put the recycle bin in the quick launch tray it no longer updates to reflect its state. Anything else is driver related.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Charles wrote:
    I's a great build. There were some driver bugs in pre-RC1 (I found one of them, even...). I've not encountered any major issues yet. Quite impressed with performance and Aero.

I still have some x64 issues I need to test (couldn't do that for 5536 because that had no x64 build) but that will have to wait until monday Sad

• User profile image
    matt_campbe​ll

andokai wrote:
    The only bug I've encountered is quite minor. I first encountered it in 5536 and it's still there. If you put the recycle bin in the quick launch tray it no longer updates to reflect its state. Anything else is driver related.

Hmmm..

Full
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Empty
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

• User profile image
    andokai

Hmmm is right. Does it change when you right click on it and pick empty?

It used to work for me but not in 5536 and RC1.

• User profile image
    jamie

still trying to fix video... but ill say this:  vista is FAST

blows away xp - even faster than server 2003

• User profile image
    matt_campbe​ll

andokai wrote:

Hmmm is right. Does it change when you right click on it and pick empty?

It used to work for me but not in 5536 and RC1.

Yes it does change after I empty on right click, the build I'm using is 5536 the one you mentioned. Mistake Maybe?

• User profile image
    andokai

No mistake that was the first build I noticed it on. And although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to disclose it was bugged and closed as won't fix so it's obviously reproducable. Are you in x64 or x86? Mine is x86.

• User profile image
    matt_campbe​ll

andokai wrote:
    No mistake that was the first build I noticed it on. And although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to disclose it was bugged and closed as won't fix so it's obviously reproducable. Are you in x64 or x86? Mine is x86.

I'm also using x86.

• User profile image
    jamie

video fixed... no aero - but monitors all work again.

this has been like this since windows 3

please please add a "yes to all" or "no to all"
    *when you load 2000 fonts - and vista has 300 - thats 300 replace it clicks

off topic *where do you go to change the theme in office 12? it opened with the grey theme - and i want the light blue one?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

The only thing keeping me from running this as main operating system is the frickin' annoying driver signing enforcement in x64.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

jamie wrote:
    please please add a "yes to all" or "no to all"
    *when you load 2000 fonts - and vista has 300 - thats 300 replace it clicks

Well, why exactly are you loading 2000 fonts lol :O

jamie wrote:

off topic *where do you go to change the theme in office 12? it opened with the grey theme - and i want the light blue one?

Office Orb > options > Personalize > "Color Scheme"

P.S, why the heck is No smiley formatting checked by default everytime I post in this thread.  Who set no smileys Mad

• User profile image
    jamie

thanks

*weird place for that button - i looked everywhere for customise or tools or prefrences...  youd think it would be in the main list - Word Options

* the drive in vista is going nuts - is it indexing? can i turn it off?

• User profile image
    LaBomba

jamie wrote:
    still trying to fix video... but ill say this:  vista is FAST

blows away xp - even faster than server 2003

Yeah, must agree.

Has a come a long way since 5384, Vista totally kills XP and is right up there with Server 2003.

I have no problems qualms running this as my main OS right now Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

i got aero going (on 2 monitors only though)

nice.  neat effects

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.