Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Another .NET Application

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    footballism

Now, we have another .NET application Windows live Writer, considering we already have Sparkle and MAX, which means that Microsoft has already created three comprehensive .NET applications:P
        I believe most .NET naysayers will be disappointed by this.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Chadk

footballism wrote:
        Now, we have another .NET application Windows live Writer, considering we already have Sparkle and MAX, which means that Microsoft has already created three comprehensive .NET applications
        I believe most .NET naysayers will be disappointed by this.

Sheva

Yup. The future is bright! Smiley

I hope that we will see more .NET applications by microsoft, in the future!

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

I don't understand why SQL Everywhere isnt a managed app. I mean look at VistaDB, there is not any reson to use unmagaged code for that.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

SQL Everywhere isn't fully managed, probably for the same reasons Windows and Office are not fully managed yet: they would have to rewrite it from scratch, which takes a lot of effort and moola, and the cost might be higher than the benefit.

• User profile image
    Angus

Does anyone know what managed code applications Microsoft will be bringing out in the future? I suppose there will be some new applications with Windows Vista, will they be managed code?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

yman wrote:
    I feel that they are neglecting Microsoft Max, it doesn't even run on Vista!

Due to the first post mentioning Max I tried downloading it...and yup...no go on Vista...BUT! It's made with the WinFX runtime from Vista.

WHA?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Cybermagellan wrote:
    WHA?

It's made with an older version. If you get the Windows Vista build that has that build of WinFX built in, it'll work.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.