Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista 5536

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ElucidWeb

Downloaded and am using the Vista 5536 build and am pretty happy so far, its performing as expected.  It has blue screened twice however, but those have been reported to Microsoft, its most likely a driver problem.

But the reason for this post is something thats bugging me that is still in Vista, when you click the "Download Winows Live  Messenger" link in the Start menu and you download and install Winows Live Messenger, it does not get rid of the link that says "Download Windows Live Messenger" in fact its left in both places!!  Its annoying, I hope it dissapears...

But everything else is good so far....All my past gripes are for the most part gone...

I am having problems with ejecting the CDROM on my laptop however, its almost like Windows doesnt want to let it go, the only way I could get the CDROM to eject was to right click it in Explorer and Click eject, then it finally popped out.  

Also its pretty annoying how AutoRun works now, and thats actually what kept blue screening, when AutoRun popped up, UAP popped up I clicked Ok, and then Clicked Cancel and then UAP popped up again and I clicked ok and then everything blue screened.  I dont think that was their desired behavior however... 

• User profile image
    jamie

ive had some blue screens installing 5600 - during the video part (safe mode the whole bit)

was weird seeing a bluescreen again Smiley

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

fyi 5536 is not RC1.... RC1 which is available only on connect has fixed several driver bugs etc

(thats what i hear at least since I can only get my versions from MSDN.... we should see RC1 on MSDN in the coming months... lets hope)

• User profile image
    ElucidWeb

Ang3lFir3 wrote:

fyi 5536 is not RC1.... RC1 which is available only on connect has fixed several driver bugs etc

(thats what i hear at least since I can only get my versions from MSDN.... we should see RC1 on MSDN in the coming months... lets hope)

Who said anything about RC1?

• User profile image
    ElucidWeb

Ang3lFir3 wrote:

5536 Is Pre-RC1, RC1 isnt out yet...

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

i was just commenting more on the fact that MSDN doesn't have the newest suggested testable build.... the one that fixes KNOWN driver bugs.....

• User profile image
    ElucidWeb

Ang3lFir3 wrote:
    i was just commenting more on the fact that MSDN doesn't have the newest suggested testable build.... the one that fixes KNOWN driver bugs.....

Yeah I knew that, Paul Thurott informed me of such... Looks like 5600 is way ahead of 5536, cant wait til next Weekend and ill geek myself out!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.