Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

"Channel 9 wants to become less US-centric"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    irascian

Was surprised to read a blog entry about Channel 9 wanting to become less US-centric as I thought it was pretty well-skewed with a lot of input from the international "community"

Then I remembered Charles' oft-repeated phrase on his London trip "Channel 9 ISN'T the coffee house" and realised that maybe it IS rather US-centric if you look outside the Coffee House

On the other hand, since so little development (or power) seems to reside outside Redmond, it seems odd to want it to become less US-centric.

What do others think?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

...and according to RMS, "information wants to be free", you're just being an idealist, Microsoft is an american company. But yeah, we could do with more than the occasional token video from MS Reading/Cambridge or MS Japan.

• User profile image
    fdisk

It's pretty clear that if you do not accept Charles' philosophies, you'll get thrown out. Watch what you say, they'll be calling you a radical!

• User profile image
    DarthVista

jaylittle wrote:

fdisk wrote: It's pretty clear that if you do not accept Charles' philosophies, you'll get thrown out. Watch what you say, they'll be calling you a radical!

Well why worry?  You've proven time and time again that the mods of C9 aren't smart enough to try and correlate similar IPs when it comes to different "personas".... I mean afterall, you are living proof that being banned from C9 means nothing, aren't you?
    Guys, please stop insulting Charles. He does not deserve this. He is clearly smarter than all of us put together. Read his blog and blame yourself if you cannot understand it.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

fdisk wrote:
    It's pretty clear that if you do not accept Charles' philosophies, you'll get thrown out. Watch what you say, they'll be calling you a radical!

dumm-eh

• User profile image
    irascian

fdisk wrote:

Who said I don't accept Charles' philosophies? I happen to think he's right when he says I keep forgetting that the Coffee House is just one tiny part of Channel 9 and not Channel 9 itself.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

fdisk is a troll, and most likely another of Chris A's, aka Beer28, logins.

DarthVista is him too, notice how he plays good-cop bad-cop.

It's pathological.

---------------------------

I agree the Coffeehouse is very international. It's the best feature for me.

I'd take a wild guess that Microsoft employees contrived this mandate to give themselves permission to travel the world... business travel...
    Big Smile

• User profile image
    jamie

* mini-bump

just read this.  speaking soley about the coffeehouse - im all for a more global approach - ie; like when we tried the international avatars

it was so cool (if you remember) seeing all these people you knew - in the matter of a day - all of a sudden seeing where there from ( oh sabots from here, loadsgood is from there etc) it was like a whole new site in a day. ( yes it's sort of petered out now)

so im hoping the new version will make you have to say your city country time zone - as this will truely make c9 more of a global place (in the coffeehouse anyway)

Posted by...

<avatar>(BIG not small)</avatar>
    Jamie
    <Canada flag> Toronto
    7:02 pm EST

Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm still using the flag avatar Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru wrote:
    I'm still using the flag avatar
    and your photo, that's great.

I agree with Jamie.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.