Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Why do I even bother

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1652391,00.asp

Man o man, you guys at MS just like to tick me off dont ya?  Is it me or what?  first you charge for chat, now you charge for accessing a free mail account through WebDav.  Then you complain when people drop your product.   You are starting to take away everything good i say about Microsoft.  i used to use Hotmail specifically because I cant stand web interfaced mail and it was accessible through outlook express.  the web interface for hotmail is ugly, clunky and it doesnt work half the time.  I might as well cancel it.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

rjdohnert, it sounds like you need a GMail account.
    MS are pretty bad at keeping customers happy. They have such a huge chunk of the market, which makes them think they can just do what ever they want. Or otherwise said as "Take, take take".
    I think Iam going to begin coding my own OS, with my own programs and it will all be free, except the OS will be $50. And there will also be a lot of compatability and stability.
    But then again, maybe I am just dreaming...

• User profile image
    Rossj

rjdohnert,
     Let me know if you want a GMail account, I've got a few left.

• User profile image
    juliankay

I hope someone important at Microsoft is reading this! And I'm sure this is what's going on everywhere right now, not just the Channel 9 forums.

• User profile image
    Smithore

I'm generally a Microsoft apologist, but this news made me livid.  How dare they take away my Outlook access to Hotmail!  That feature was traditionally why I used Outlook in the first place - I could use it to read my Hotmail account alongside my POP3 accounts.  If they begin charging for that feature, I'm out.  I won't be able to cancel my Hotmail account, as I still use it for MSN instant messaging, but I'll stop using it for email communication.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

If that GMail offer is still up for grabs please send me one. Thank you. robertojdohnert@msn.com

I decided not to cancel passport becasue one of my best friends uses MSN for chat, she lives in Cali.  I used to frequent the MSN chatrooms a lot until they started charging for it.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.