Coffeehouse Thread

112 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A Game You'll Never Make

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    fdisk

    Today I discovered the reason why there aren't more "religious games" on the market.

    Pope Offends Muslim World

    MSNBC wrote:
    ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey’s ruling Islamic-rooted party joined a wave of criticism of Pope Benedict XVI on Friday, accusing him of trying to revive the spirit of the Crusades with remarks he made about the Muslim faith.
    One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.

  • User profile image
    zhuo

    i like your "wilson" avartar icon Smiley

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    fdisk wrote:
    


    One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.


    Dunkin Donuts opens in a Christian nation and not an Islamic one is enough to riot....

  • User profile image
    xenonysf

    fdisk wrote:
    Today I discovered the reason why there aren't more "religious games" on the market.

    Pope Offends Muslim World

    MSNBC wrote:ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey’s ruling Islamic-rooted party joined a wave of criticism of Pope Benedict XVI on Friday, accusing him of trying to revive the spirit of the Crusades with remarks he made about the Muslim faith.
    One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.


    First i am from Turkey...

    Second, the picture on the right side on that page doesn't belong to Turkey.

    Third: Turkish & Muslim people are always open to discussions and
    criticism. But what pope said was not a criticism or something like that.
    Since in berlin many turkish people live and german state has problems
    with these people because of conflict in terms of culture&religion, pope called these people to his own religion, in my opinion.

    for example; If i say; u are a lier and the page u gave us as link doesnt work, this would be like what pope said...

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    xenonysf wrote:
    First i am from Turkey...

    Second, the picture on the right side on that page doesn't belong to Turkey.

    Third: Turkish & Muslim people are always open to discussions and
    criticism. But what pope said was not a criticism or something like that.
    Since in berlin many turkish people live and german state has problems
    with these people because of conflict in terms of culture&religion, pope called these people to his own religion, in my opinion.

    for example; If i say; u are a lier and the page u gave us as link doesnt work, this would be like what pope said...



    Alright, so the Pope tried converting you guys...so what. You are trying to convert the world, too! I personally don't think the Pope is a very reputable man, but that is just me - and of course you feel the same way, assuming you're a muslim. But hey, practically every major religion out there is tryint to recruit, so get used to it. The Muslim's teach that if an infidel doesn't accept Allah, he is to be killed. Sounds like you guys have got your own little mini-crusade going on.

  • User profile image
    jb43081

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    fdisk wrote: 


    One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.


    Dunkin Donuts opens in a Christian nation and not an Islamic one is enough to riot....


    I don't know about Dunkin Donuts, every one around here looks like a run-down health code violation factory.

    Krispy Kreme on the other hand.... Tongue Out

    It's all academic though, they'll get Starbuck soon (if they haven't already)

  • User profile image
    fdisk

    Now they are burning effigies of the Pope.
     
    Link

    It's gonna get nuts again folks!

    Edit: This is priceless.

    Daily Mail wrote:
    "The late Pope John Paul II spent over 25 years to build bridges and links with the Muslim community. He showed the world that its perception of Islam was false and that we are peace-loving people."
    Then you see a picture of a protest and this caption: "Muslim activists burn an effigy of Pope Benedict XVI during a protest in Srinagar, India."

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    zhuo wrote:
    i like your "wilson" avartar icon


    He seems to be a lot alone, like the guy in "cast away". "Wilson" is his only buddy... Poor fdisk. Btw. hard disks have been also a lot alone after running fdisk under DOS - no partitions anymore Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    ZippyV

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    fdisk wrote: One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.


    Dunkin Donuts opens in a Christian nation and not an Islamic one is enough to riot....


    How long before the first church will be set on fire.

  • User profile image
    billh

    ZippyV wrote:
    
    Cybermagellan wrote: 
    fdisk wrote: One comment and everything goes haywire. Sounds like yet-another-excuse to riot. Sigh.


    Dunkin Donuts opens in a Christian nation and not an Islamic one is enough to riot....


    How long before the first church will be set on fire.
    You know it. I bet it only takes a day or two. I have a feeling this could potentially be much worse than the whole "Danish cartoon" bit because it comes from the head of the Church (well, the Catholic church that is). From my limited reading (and please don't torch my car over this), forgiveness is a very tricky subject in the Muslim religion.

    If it is the "End" as we know it, just let me play a few games of Missile Command and Asteroids on an old Atari console until the great big nuclear flash comes and sweeps half the planet away.

    I miss those simpler times.

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    Well, according to that crazy Yisrael guy, nuclear war started -3 days ago and killed 1/3 of the earth's population.  I know I'm just wading through corpses here.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    xenonysf wrote: First i am from Turkey...

    Second, the picture on the right side on that page doesn't belong to Turkey.

    Third: Turkish & Muslim people are always open to discussions and
    criticism. But what pope said was not a criticism or something like that.
    Since in berlin many turkish people live and german state has problems
    with these people because of conflict in terms of culture&religion, pope called these people to his own religion, in my opinion.

    for example; If i say; u are a lier and the page u gave us as link doesnt work, this would be like what pope said...



    Alright, so the Pope tried converting you guys...so what. You are trying to convert the world, too! I personally don't think the Pope is a very reputable man, but that is just me - and of course you feel the same way, assuming you're a muslim. But hey, practically every major religion out there is tryint to recruit, so get used to it. The Muslim's teach that if an infidel doesn't accept Allah, he is to be killed. Sounds like you guys have got your own little mini-crusade going on.


    lol, that is not true.

    Anyways, I think the Pope should worry about his own religion and leave other's religion alone. Or is it that His faith is not as attractive as Islam is, that he feels to spew hate and defame the religion of peace?

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    Anyways, I think the Pope should worry about his own religion and leave other's religion alone. Or is it that His faith is not as attractive as Islam is, that he feels to spew hate and defame the religion of peace?


    What the heck...are you reading what you're writing? Tell a religion to leave the other religion alone? YOU'RE BASHING CATHOLOCISM, and you want them to leave you alone? I'll side with you, and say the Pope is a crazy-dude, but hey...you cannot tell him to mind his own business when you cannot do the same.

    Secondly, I'm so sick of hearing "Islam is a religion of peace." To be frank, that is bull. It was wrong when President Bush said it, it was wrong when Pope John Paul II said it, and it's still wrong today, as you say it. I'll be honest and admit that there are some peaceful muslims, and those I don't mind - but that doesn't mean the teachings of Islam are that of peace, because they are not. The Koran makes it blatantly clear what a "good" muslim should do:

    Surah 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

    So, in accordance with what Allah says...EVERYBODY who is non-muslim must be punished. You are to fight them, regardless if they're People of the Book (Christians & Jews).

    Religion of peace? Not a chance. Peaceful muslims? Sure, but they are by no means consistent muslims. Now, I'll be peacefully waiting within my home until a group of "Radical Muslims" (Aka. the only ones doing what their book says) bust down my door and try to get my wife and I to bow our knee to their moon god, allah.

    Perhaps the peaceful muslims should read Surah 2:85?

    Surah 2:85 ...Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous penalty. For Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

    Apparently allah isn't too fond of those who only accept SOME of the teachings within the Koran, and not all of them. So, in accordance with Surah 9:29...I'll be expecting muslims to start a crusade of their own, and begin killing anybody and everybody (Men, Women, and Children) who do not accept Allah and his holy messenger, Muhammed.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    And infact you know what. Just because you  misquoted the Quran, I am going to show real passages from the unholy Bible, and to show you that the bible called to Kill non beleivers:


    Old Testiment :
    Worship other gods and you will die. (Exodus 22:20) "He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."



    Kill your family if they practice other religions: "If your very own brother ... secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" ... You must certainly put him to death." (Deut. 13:6-9)



    New Testiment (Jesus sayings):



    Kill your unbeleivers before Christ. (Luke 19:27) "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."



    Now your going to say this was a parable, but that is your interpertations , I see the literal meaning and its shows Christianity not as a religion of peace. Infact the pope used this saying to justify the crusades on Jerusalem. So much for Christianity.

    Infact Adolph Hitler was a son of Christinaity, and used many passages from the bible in his famous speaches back then in Na-Zi Germany. And he brought the most horrific scenes in human history, the concentration camps and Auschwitz. So I would keep my mouth shut if I were you, because If I were you I would be the last person on earth to talk about killing and genocide, having a religion associated with Hitler.



    Also, Christianity is what kept Europe illeterate and backwards. It was later when liberal people who left the Christianity and became atheists, and rejected the Rule of the Church, that scientific progress was made and liberal thinking came to be. Many scientists were prosecuted by the backward mentality of the Christian church.

    if the Church was governing America , America would have been a backward country, resembling the dark ages, where many would die from preventable diseases , because the church does not want kids taking immunizations.

    So stop being hypocritical.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    SecretSoftware wrote: Anyways, I think the Pope should worry about his own religion and leave other's religion alone. Or is it that His faith is not as attractive as Islam is, that he feels to spew hate and defame the religion of peace?


    What the heck...are you reading what you're writing? Tell a religion to leave the other religion alone? YOU'RE BASHING CATHOLOCISM, and you want them to leave you alone? I'll side with you, and say the Pope is a crazy-dude, but hey...you cannot tell him to mind his own business when you cannot do the same.

    Secondly, I'm so sick of hearing "Islam is a religion of peace." To be frank, that is bull. It was wrong when President Bush said it, it was wrong when Pope John Paul II said it, and it's still wrong today, as you say it. I'll be honest and admit that there are some peaceful muslims, and those I don't mind - but that doesn't mean the teachings of Islam are that of peace, because they are not. The Koran makes it blatantly clear what a "good" muslim should do:

    Surah 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

    So, in accordance with what Allah says...EVERYBODY who is non-muslim must be punished. You are to fight them, regardless if they're People of the Book (Christians & Jews).

    Religion of peace? Not a chance. Peaceful muslims? Sure, but they are by no means consistent muslims. Now, I'll be peacefully waiting within my home until a group of "Radical Muslims" (Aka. the only ones doing what their book says) bust down my door and try to get my wife and I to bow our knee to their moon god, allah.

    Perhaps the peaceful muslims should read Surah 2:85?

    Surah 2:85 ...Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous penalty. For Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

    Apparently allah isn't too fond of those who only accept SOME of the teachings within the Koran, and not all of them. So, in accordance with Surah 9:29...I'll be expecting muslims to start a crusade of their own, and begin killing anybody and everybody (Men, Women, and Children) who do not accept Allah and his holy messenger, Muhammed.



    I am not bashing Cathocalism, it bashes its self.


    Secondly, You are taking these Surah out of context. Which proves your stupidity. I can do the same with the bible, and show that Satan wrote the Bible and that its not really holly.

    You dont even Know what "Allah" means. Its the Arabic word for God. Even Arabic Christians, when they wroship in churches, they worship and say "O God" , as "O Allah". So go get some education before you write and make a fool of yourself.

    Thirdly, you are trying to defame Islam for what? Because to the minds of people Christianity is full of contradictions and quite frankly is not that different in Ideology than the Taliban if it was applied in America. Why dont you try to wash the "Dirty cloths" inside your own "so called" Holly bible, instead of bashing other religions.

    You know the Jews are right about Christianity, espcially Catholic sect of Christainity. Because its based on Idol worship, and the movie "The Davinchi Code" exposed some of its "dirty cloths".

    Next time you want to sell your religion, wash the dirt within, and not bash other religions that adopt peace as its name. (Islam is the arabic word for Peace).

    Finally, There was an old saying that rings true to this day "If your house is made of glass, dont throw rocks at people, because your going to end up homeless".Wink

  • User profile image
    Sourcecode

    Could I call for a lock, or deletion of this pointless drivel please.Perplexed

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    Sourcecode wrote:
    Could I call for a lock, or deletion of this pointless drivel please.


    I agree, I did not know that backward people like that guy , actually use a computer or even know they exist.

  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    Having read the german transcript, that "offending" quote was taken so hard out of context, that they might have flung it into a parallel universe.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.