Here are a list of the expected upcoming features!
- Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.
- Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.
- Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.
- Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.
- Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.
The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is
redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you
get the contact's display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still
do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface.
MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11th this year with a general
'MSN Messenger Wave 10' release as late as February 2005.
Also, 3Degrees has finally been incorporated into the
MSN Messenger client. This allows users to listen to music together and
share photos for example.
Here are some of the new graphical changes which have been reported, as commented by
- New user interface: Although the conversation windows haven't changed much, the
'sign-in' and 'contact list' windows have had some nice new changes. The
display picture is now shown in the contact list window as well, and the
menubar is now disposable. You will also see an away or busy status icon
beside the contact's icon. An MSN web search bar has been included at the bottom.
- Options dialog: The options dialog has had some major improvements. You won't see
icons anymore and the menu is now a list placed on the left of the dialog.
- New installer: Some nice graphical changes have been noted in the installer as well where you can see a new
blue msn guy beneath a green one. This logo has been noted a lot lately.