Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The ScobleShow

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    RobertScoble

Here's why I haven't been very active here in Channel 9 lately. Hopefully now that I got the first one done, I'll be more active.

http://www.podtech.net/scobleshow/

It's no Channel 9 (I take for granted just how good a job our developers did) but I hope you enjoy all the videos anyway.

• User profile image
    Rossj

RobertScoble wrote:
    Here's why I haven't been very active here in Channel 9 lately. Hopefully now that I got the first one done, I'll be more active. 

Cool, I'll give that a look later ... and while you're here ...

• User profile image
    jamie

wow - maybe they didnt check site using IE7 or something...

text touching borders...links half out of header...flashing/erroring empty video window... huge spaces...different sized input form boxes... different fonts...

*ill watch the videos later but first impression is really bad site, messy layout

hope they fix it soon.  you deserve better.  (*here's what i get on home page:

• User profile image
    DarthVista

All hail the great Scoble.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie wrote:
    wow - maybe they didnt check site using IE7 or something...

text touching borders...links half out of header...flashing/erroring empty video window... huge spaces...different sized input form boxes... different fonts...

*ill watch the videos later but first impression is really bad site, messy layout

Remember jamie, if it does not break in at least one version of IE, it's not a real Web 2.0 website Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

PaoloM wrote:

Remember jamie, if it does not break in at least one version of IE, it's not a real Web 2.0 website

Don't worry, it looks bad in Safari* too so it can't be a real web 2.0 site - we all know they always work in Safari first Smiley

Oh hang on, it looks bad in Camino (Gecko)**  too ... I sense a pattern here...

Hint to the implementor - it's called padding-left [6]

* Text up against left border etc

** links so far down the white text is on a white background etc etc.

• User profile image
    Rossj

jaylittle wrote:
    The feed doesn't seem to want to go beyond that point.  Or perhaps I need more patience and I've been spoiled on Channel 9.  I guess PodTech needs to keep that VC funding from being spent too frivalously.

If nothing else it shows how much effort goes into making C9 videos play really well for thousands of viewers.

• User profile image
    jamie

...in other nit pickyness - the pod tech logo reminds me of Dogbert's coffee ring logo (on a napkin)

i think it was to make fun of Lucent

• User profile image
    Rossj

jamie wrote:
    looks like it's been updated (below)
    but for sure they arent testing IE7
    (* it is ...somewhat passable in FF)

here's IE7:

* ps when posting images (copy paste from ie7 into channel 9 - they do not display unless you click html and remove this text: style="-MS-INTERPOLATION-MODE: nearest-neighbor" height=1024

Better in Safari too (could still do with a little padding-left though on the text  in each item). Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

looks like it's been updated (below)
    but for sure they arent testing IE7
    (* it is ...somewhat passable in FF)

here's IE7:

* ps when posting images
    (copy paste from ie7 into channel 9 - they do not
    display unless you click html and remove this text:

style="-MS-INTERPOLATION-MODE: nearest-neighbor" height=1024

• User profile image
    littleguru

Yeah. I have discovered the messed up layout also here (using IE 7 of course). It looks OK in Firefox, but has some serious problems with IE 7. Don't know why, but it's not only the embedded controls, but also the links, div layouts etc.

That should be fixed. It isn't that hard to make a site that works on IE, FF, Safari, Opera and all the other guys.. The site isn't even something using tons of javascript (it doesn't seem to use AJAX at all).

• User profile image
    ploe

grr the videos are quicktime files [C]

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Booooo at Quicktime.  Well Robert, good luck with the Scoble Show.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Robert, the video quality is great! Your audio is a bit low, though.

I love the umbrella adjustment in the middle of the interview Smiley Hehe.

• User profile image
    raymond

Robert,

If you are still in the Coffeehouse, I have a request:

Could you as well as Thomas Hawk post one of your stunning photographs at:

Channel 9 Community Challenge--Moving Vistas

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=237342

to get the ball rolling?

It seems there are not many photographers at Microsoft or they are very shy about posting anything in the Coffeehouse.

Thanks

Cool

PS Liked your first short video.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.