Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Firefox 2 RC1

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Erisan

"Today, the Mozilla organization is preparing to release the first release candidate
     for version 2 of their popular Firefox web browser. Firefox 2 RC1 is available in
     binary form for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X (the latter a Universal Binary for
     both PPC and Intel systems). The Windows download comes in at 5.7 MB and
     runs on Windows 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, or XP (recommended). It ran without
     issue on my copy of Windows Vista RC1."

Firefox 2 reaches RC1

• User profile image
    jamie

its not available till 3pm

i wonder if this has the new UI?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie wrote:
    its not available till 3pm

i wonder if this has the new UI?

Only if this is a "new UI":

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

• User profile image
    Oberon

I love Firefox, but the visual refresh stinks IMO. What brainiac came up with the idea of using dull, faded icons for the sake of a cheap hover effect?

• User profile image
    jamie

i was refering to radiant core's stuff (as posted before:)

"Slated for release in October, Firefox 2.0 will focus on four priority areas, according to Mozilla. These include search bar, icon polish, tab strip and buttons in textboxes. To date, Mozilla has already released a beta version of Firefox 2.0, which does not include Radiant Core’s theme changes, and is scheduled to release another beta in early September. That version will include some of Radiant Core’s changes, according to Goldman."

new UI for FF eh?  made in canada eh?  hmmmm

Mozilla taps Toronto Web design shop to work on Firefox 2.0
    http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=40464&cid=9

so - wernt those icons above (the new faded ones) already in beta2?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie wrote:
    i was refering to radiant core's stuff (as posted before

"Slated for release in October, Firefox 2.0 will focus on four priority areas, according to Mozilla. These include search bar, icon polish, tab strip and buttons in textboxes. To date, Mozilla has already released a beta version of Firefox 2.0, which does not include Radiant Core’s theme changes, and is scheduled to release another beta in early September. That version will include some of Radiant Core’s changes, according to Goldman."

new UI for FF eh?  made in canada eh?  hmmmm

Mozilla taps Toronto Web design shop to work on Firefox 2.0
    http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=40464&cid=9

so - wernt those icons above (the new faded ones) already in beta2?

The way I understand it, Beta 2 was the first FF2 beta to include Radiant Core's changes.  That's what you're seeing above.

• User profile image
    jamie

..but the article above says - that beta2 did not contain radiant cores changes - so if those icons (faded) above were in beta 2 and nowe they are in RC1 - then we still have not seen the new UI

correct?

*im betting they are waiting for Vista to get closer to launch before reveling the real eye candy

(haha another with-holding eye candy conspiracy!)

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie wrote:

..but the article above says - that beta2 did not contain radiant cores changes - so if those icons (faded) above were in beta 2 and nowe they are in RC1 - then we still have not seen the new UI

correct?

*im betting they are waiting for Vista to get closer to launch before reveling the real eye candy

(haha another with-holding eye candy conspiracy!)

Radiant Core Blog wrote:
    If you'd like a sneak peek, Mike Beltzner has posted an overview of our work to date on the Mozilla wiki, or you can wait for the Firefox 2 Beta 2 release (see the schedule).

From http://www.radiantcore.com/blog/archives/12/07/2006/skinningafox

Jamie...  no one's withholding any eye candy.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not final.  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

so that's all they could come up with?

man - how come Flock seems to make a better UI than FF - even with radiants help.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.