Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Do you have telecommute programming experience?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jmsma2005

Hi All,

Now I have my regular job. But I want to do some part-time telecommute programming works from home. Do you have any experience? I find some web-sites such as http://www.programmingfromhome.com/. Is that good? And which site is best by your experience? I really appreciate if you can shed your great light on this topic.

Thanks in advance,

James

• User profile image
    Larsenal

The idea of telecommuting (as I understand it) is that you perform functions of your "regular job" from home.

Are you simply looking for outside contract work?

• User profile image
    jmsma2005

Larsenal wrote:
    The idea of telecommuting (as I understand it) is that you perform functions of your "regular job" from home.

Are you simply looking for outside contract work?

My regular job is "9 to 5 Mon to Fri". I mean to do some extra part-time works (yes, outside contract) in my spare time from home. I hear some persons can fully work from home as independant, then I'm also curious if they are doing it by subscribing those web-sites.

• User profile image
    kettch

Is your "9-to-5" job involve programming? If so, I think that your ability to do outside contracting would be contingent on any non-compete or similar agreements you have with your current employer.

• User profile image
    pchristensen

I often see ads from sologig.com, which is run by careerbuilder.com, but I have never used it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.