Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tuesday..one of c9's craziest days?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

So, "Tuesdays gone with the wind"...okay, I couldn't help it. But seriously, the day is about over and I can do nothing more than sit back and reflect.

Rory was appended to the chain of c9 master-minds and assigned the mission to make channel9 super-hot and sexy, which I don't doubt he will accomplish with assassin-like precision.

The day wasn't all rejoicing though, as a large war between blue-badges and the niners unfolded into a slew of slanderous-verbage and heart-breaking rhetoric. W3bbo spent 30 minutes on the phone with MJ, and JayLittle has apparently resigned from the position of 'poster'.

The camp is in heaps, and the niners are a bit shaken, but we are here, none-the-less. Fortunately today had it glimmer of hope, Rory's Induction, to distract some of us from the war which unfolded shortly thereafter.

Lessons I learned today? Rory is effing cool; It's better to plan ahead, to avoid wars later; and my wife knows how to butcher a hamburger...

All in all, Tuesday Sept 26, 2006 will go down in my personal calendar as one of c9's craziest days.

Jonathan

• User profile image
    steel300

jsampsonPC wrote:

All in all, Tuesday Sept 26, 2006 will go down in my personal calendar as one of c9's craziest days.

Jonathan

++

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

The Coffeehouse goes in cycles.  It'll be fine for a while, but then the forums start getting polluted with crap, people start getting mad at others, and people leave.  Then, the coffeehouse calms down and it starts becoming an intelligent forum again.

Although I do think this incident is unique in that it doesn't involve a troll stirring up trouble (or does it?  Was fdisk just posting to see if he could make the coffeehouse explode?).

• User profile image
    DarthVista

jsampsonPC wrote:
    The camp is in heaps, and the niners are a bit shaken, but we are here, none-the-less. Fortunately today had it glimmer of hope, Rory's Induction, to distract some of us from the war which unfolded shortly thereafter.
    I will be posting a message of hope and encouragement soon. I surmise today's demolition of various threads was brought about by open source advocates bent on creating an insurrection.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Don't bother.

You have already demonstrated that 1) You dont know what really took place, or 2) You don't care what really took place and would rather arbitrarily take a side and start yappin'.

You could offer no 'encouragement', by any means. And I don't mean that as a disrespectful comment, it's simply the truth.

DarthVista wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote: The camp is in heaps, and the niners are a bit shaken, but we are here, none-the-less. Fortunately today had it glimmer of hope, Rory's Induction, to distract some of us from the war which unfolded shortly thereafter.
    I will be posting a message of hope and encouragement soon. I surmise today's demolition of various threads was brought about by open source advocates bent on creating an insurrection.

• User profile image
    Pace

jsampsonPC wrote:

Jonathan

Aye... ive been on holiday and it was great to get back! I tend to read 80% of the board through the day but dont really post unless I really have something worth saying, just funny how I agree with you. Tuesday was the craziest day so far I have seen on c9 Cool

fun tho! Wink

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru wrote:
    We had a lot of those days... It's just another one in the line Channel 9 is about discussion, about talk, about saying what you think. And that's why we have those days.

You should by yourself a Channel9 red marker, to mark all those days in your calendar (or write a Vista sidebar gadget)
    nice idea, a gadged... i will note somewhere Cool

• User profile image
    littleguru

We had a lot of those days... It's just another one in the line Big Smile Channel 9 is about discussion, about talk, about saying what you think. And that's why we have those days.

You should buy yourself a Channel9 red marker, to mark all those days in your calendar (or write a Vista sidebar gadget)

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Kinda like those, "This day in history" programs Smiley

Ion Todirel wrote:

littleguru wrote: We had a lot of those days... It's just another one in the line Channel 9 is about discussion, about talk, about saying what you think. And that's why we have those days.

You should by yourself a Channel9 red marker, to mark all those days in your calendar (or write a Vista sidebar gadget)
    nice idea, a gadged... i will note somewhere
  • User profile image
    Rossj

fdisk wrote:
    And it just got crazier on Wednesday...Paul (aka Eagle) just got reinstated.

It was only ever a temporary ban, give him a chance.

• User profile image
    fdisk

And it just got crazier on Wednesday...Paul (aka Eagle) just got reinstated.
    Perplexed

What's next? Beer28 coming back?! Blatz being reinstated and actually posting code?!?!?

• User profile image
    littleguru

fdisk wrote:
    ... Blatz being reinstated and actually posting code?!?!?

I have completely forgotten about him Big Smile

• User profile image
    jamie

for those who remember... another crazy day:

The Day of The C9 Editor

*doesnt do anything now - but it had iframes, sounds, different style sheets for c9 - then they took away the *real* editor Sad

Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

Hehe ... still throwing those flames Jamie me boy!

C9 is fully of passionate people ... so sometimes emotions can run high. The only advise here is to think just copy & paste your post out to Word ... then walk away for an hour or two. Go back read your post, if you still mean it all and it is personal, go post.

It's that little break that can mean all the difference been a quality post that gives you a bit of kudos ... or that piece of noise that gets you slagged off.

I do have an opinion on the competition ... but I don't wish to start another flame war so I'm going to shut up. It's not cool to start a fight.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot wrote:
    I do have an opinion on the competition ... but I don't wish to start another flame war so I'm going to shut up. It's not cool to start a fight.

It's okay, you don't *have* to agree with those of us that were upset.

Personally I am waiting for Minh's podcasts with Ernie and Mark before I comment further. Both sides should be allowed to make their points.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.