Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The C9 textbox in Safari...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Custa1200

Is there any technical reason why the message box in Safari is not a rich text box? It's a pain in the butt to change browser at home just to post Sad People who use MS products also use Mac OS by choice too.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Custa1200 wrote:
    Is there any technical reason why the message box in Safari is not a rich text box? It's a pain in the butt to change browser at home just to post Sad People who use MS products also use Mac OS by choice too.

Yes earlier versions of Safari didn't support the functionality required. I keep mentioning it, and I think Adam is on top of it for the new version of C9.

• User profile image
    Custa1200

I'm running the latest Safari, Ross. I have not tried with a nightly of Webkit for a while due to a couple of extensions i use being incompatible with webkit. Sad I hope somebody is all over this.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Custa1200 wrote:
    I'm running the latest Safari, Ross. I have not tried with a nightly of Webkit for a while due to a couple of extensions i use being incompatible with webkit. Sad I hope somebody is all over this.

It isn't Safari so much as free textbox which doesn't know that Safari now supports the execCommand() type functions required.  I've also posted on FreeTextBox mentioning that Safari how has the correct level of support but never received an answer.

There are only a couple of us who use Safari (although I use Camino exclusively for C9 atm) so I can see if probably isn't the highest priority - but Adam (I think) did say he was all over it and would try his best to make sure it works.  Maybe if he sees this thread he might give us an update on how it's going?

Anything we can do to help with testing out?

• User profile image
    Custa1200

Rossj wrote:

Custa1200 wrote:I'm running the latest Safari, Ross. I have not tried with a nightly of Webkit for a while due to a couple of extensions i use being incompatible with webkit. I hope somebody is all over this.

It isn't Safari so much as free textbox which doesn't know that Safari now supports the execCommand() type functions required.  I've also posted on FreeTextBox mentioning that Safari how has the correct level of support but never received an answer.

There are only a couple of us who use Safari (although I use Camino exclusively for C9 atm) so I can see if probably isn't the highest priority - but Adam (I think) did say he was all over it and would try his best to make sure it works.  Maybe if he sees this thread he might give us an update on how it's going?

Anything we can do to help with testing out?

I just uninstalled my safari extensions and tried the latest nightly build. Some awesome improvements there with the input controls, .net validation and the dodgy flickering Flash in OS X UB on a MBP. I can  live without the extensions for a while so i might try the webkit nightly for a while. It's worth giving it another chane Ross.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.