Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Gold Coast, Australia

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Custa1200

Are there any posters out there that also live on The Gold Coast Australia? Be interesting to know who lives nearby.

• User profile image
    jonorossi

I live on the south side of Brisbane, the Bayside area.

• User profile image
    Rowan

I'm directly between Brisbane City and the Gold Coast. Smiley

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Is it really 2 women to 1 man down there? Population-wise?

• User profile image
    bundyum

JohnAskew wrote:

Don't know where you might have heard that - more like 50/50 + or - a few insignificant digits. Although i do think our drop bear numbers are getting close to reaching 2 to 1 Big Smile

We also don't have kangaroo's walking down our main street - they prefer to swim these days cause it's way too hot Smiley

Btw - i live in sydney

• User profile image
    jonorossi

JohnAskew wrote:

It is very close to 50/50.

Wikipedia and the CIA say the same thing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Australia
    https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/as.html

Wikipedia and CIA wrote:

Sex ratio At birth: 1.05 male(s)/femaleUnder 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female15-64 years: 1.02 male(s)/female65 years and over: 0.79 male(s)/femaleTotal population: 0.99 male(s)/female (2006 est.)

• User profile image
    jonorossi

bundyum wrote:
    We also don't have kangaroo's walking down our main street - they prefer to swim these days cause it's way too hot

I remember when people thought that we went to school on a kangaroo and our neighbour was kilometres down the road. I think the Simpsons can be blamed a bit.

Wikipedia wrote:

Most Australians live in urban areas; Sydney is the most populous city in Australia. The trend towards urbanisation is also stronger in Australia than many other parts of the world

There is a bug in the C9 linking code, it has probably been said before but that link has a colon in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PortJackson_2004_SeanMcClean.jpg.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Big Smile

It must have been a tourism-motivated legend. I definitely heard that said once upon a time...

I'd still love to visit.

• User profile image
    Ambition

I'm in rural Victoria, long way away from the Gold Coast, but yeah. If anyone is in Ararat then please notify me immediately. In fact, if anyone has even heard of Ararat then feel free to mention it. Chances are pretty slim, lol.

PS: Not the mountain in Turkey. Or any of the many Ararats in the US. This one. (It's amazing that Local even has street names, although my street isn't marked - damn it - Microsoft's trying to pretend I don't exist too!)

Edit: And in Halls Gap, very close to where I am (about a half hour drive), Kangaroos come very close to the main street. This is the real Australia peoplez!

• User profile image
    Custa1200

Out of all the people around the Gold Coast how many are asp.net developers? Those that are I would love to get a pm from you. The Gold Coast is a nice place to live and work, wouldn't you all agree?

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

bundyum wrote:

JohnAskew wrote: Is it really 2 women to 1 man down there? Population-wise?

Don't know where you might have heard that - more like 50/50 + or - a few insignificant digits. Although i do think our drop bear numbers are getting close to reaching 2 to 1

We also don't have kangaroo's walking down our main street - they prefer to swim these days cause it's way too hot

Btw - i live in sydney

Drop Bears FTW!

• User profile image
    Sabot

I was in Sydney not so long ago and I'll be there for New Years.

My best mate works for Citrix on the North Shore, my Wife has family over at Bronte beach and I have family in Brisbane and my Brother lives in Perth.

I would love to live in Auz ... just like half of the UK !

I often wondered why Auz and the UK has a special relationship ? For me, it's because half my family is there and my best mate ... oh and the life-style is far more chilled and cosmo than the 'turbo-nutter go go go' society we have here.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.