Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Mark Jewett Interview

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Here it is... I called Mark up & had a quick chat.

Listen 'til the end please. It's only 13 minutes long.

There's also a big announcement in there.

Mark Jewett Interview.mp3

(Thanks W3bbo for the bandwidth)

(Some background reading if you like that sort of things)

• User profile image
    jamie

excellent minh

*post on c9park as well... ?

ps: chaos rules Wink

• User profile image
    Minh

Smiley I'll post to C9Park soon.

">http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/220000/227400/227456/Products/13762285.jpg">

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Nice work, Minh.

• User profile image
    jamie

yes google is cool.  why dont you go post over there?  ...oh..thats right - you cant.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

linux_guru wrote:
    I am disappointed with the result.

If extending the grand prize to the two other developers doesn't satisfy you, I suspect nothing will.

• User profile image
    jamie

linux_guru wrote:
    Google doesn't need to create websites that are little more than marketing montages to bolster an image that has been tarnished by years of disdain for their customers and the laws they are governed by.

um yes - my suffering through years of ms distain bought me a house

oops its raining - you better get out the buckets

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks for doing this, Minh! Well done! Perhaps we need a Minh show on C9 Smiley Mark, thanks for doing this. And special thanks for not laying down a load of BS. Very, very cool!

CONGRATS TO ALL THREE WINNERS!!! Smiley

Hmm. Niners posting their own Screencasts and Podcasts on C9. Yes. That's music to my ears.

Stay tuned,
    C

• User profile image
    Charles

linux_guru,

Welcome to Channel 9.

Please do not hijack threads. You have taken this thread in a direction that it was not intended to go. Please refrain from this type of activity. All Niners are free to start new threads at any time.

Thanks,
    C

• User profile image
    jolson88

linux_guru wrote:
    a thinly veiled poor man's clone of Google's wonderful, "Summer of Code" phenomena.

Just, wow. You didn't show _any_ bias or anything there. Loaded words FTW Wink.

On the other hand, we could learn a thing or two from their contests Smiley. I still have the feeling though that even if we had identical contests to the "Summer of Code", people would still find a way to bash Microsoft. Sigh, c'est la vie. Just another routine day when working at the Death Star Tongue Out.

Edit: Dang, I wish there was a way to delete my own posts (I'm going to be ultra-embarassed if there is Tongue Out). I type up a post, and before I know it, there are like 30 replies Smiley.

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

Fantastic job Mihn. Your work is a testament to the great community of people here on Channel 9. This really is a great place to be. We definitely care about you guys and we are listening to you all here.

Thanks again everyone and thanks to Mihn!!!

• User profile image
    Charles

JasonOlson wrote:

linux_guru wrote: a thinly veiled poor man's clone of Google's wonderful, "Summer of Code" phenomena.

Just, wow. You didn't show _any_ bias or anything there. Loaded words FTW .

On the other hand, we could learn a thing or two from their contests . I still have the feeling though that even if we had identical contests to the "Summer of Code", people would still find a way to bash Microsoft. Sigh, c'est la vie. Just another routine day when working at the Death Star .

Edit: Dang, I wish there was a way to delete my own posts (I'm going to be ultra-embarassed if there is ). I type up a post, and before I know it, there are like 30 replies .

Keep on posting. But, remember, this is the new improved friendly happy Death Star!
    C

• User profile image
    jolson88

Charles wrote:

Keep on posting. But, remember, this is the new improved friendly happy Death Star!
    C

Exactly the reason I wish I could delete my post Tongue Out.

• User profile image
    Charles

You could always edit your post Smiley
    C

• User profile image
    raymond

JasonOlson wrote:

Charles wrote: 
    C

Exactly the reason I wish I could delete my post .

Charles,

"Happy Death Star"?

How about Live Galaxy!

Let Microsoft Marketing decide this one, any bets?Wink

I am pleased to see Microsoft did the right thing about the contest and Minh did the telephone interview with Mark. Great response to the Channel 9 developer community. Let's move on, please.

Cool

• User profile image
    jamie

true - but thanks to w3bbo too.

ps - i never entered this contest... but i feel da love Wink

• User profile image
    Rowan

I think this is the best possible result to come out of the issue, good work Minh and thanks for addressing the problem Mark J.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Nice work there Minh!

Off-topic: More softies posting lately, at least thats what it seems to me...good stuff.

"The Rory effect"?Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.