Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How many of you still read Robert Scobles blog

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

I know I havent been that deligent in keeping up with Robert since he left, how many of you have kept up with his blog ?

• User profile image
    longzheng

I dooo.

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

Just about every day.

• User profile image
    jamie

me.

new site...(ie7)  ...newest post - worry-some.

hope they fix everything

• User profile image
    Ambition

Action action = new ArmAction("Put's hand up", 90, 4, 56);
    action.Execute();

• User profile image
    littleguru

I don't, but I never really did... I'm not reading that much blogs.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm also curious to see how this turns out... It's a high risk! But Robert can make it.

• User profile image
    jamie

i gotta say im interested to see what happens...

you go from being the human voice for microsoft ( a TALL order) to - a guy at some site that: uses quicktime... - and doesnt work in ie7?

wow

thats risk!   go scoble go!

err..  [6]  BEST OF LUCK!

• User profile image
    sushovande

I do

• User profile image
    Sabot

I'll be totally honest ... !

I'm not interested in blog journalism & marketing, I'm more interested in the goings on in technology's and people's opinions on that.

Robert was always a really good insight into the going's on inside Microsoft and produced some good edgy copy whilst at Microsoft.

Since leaving I've found myself reading Roberts blog less and less but in the mean-while I've looking around for a replacement ... which I have kind of found in a round-a-bout way.

Yep, ok so there is actually 1000's of mini Scobles, called MSDN blogs ... cut cream rises to the top, so for me top blogger at Microsoft is Eileen Brown, I think she is fantastic!

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

I do Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

I don't. Not for absolute ages, I unsubscribed when he was still at MS, because after the book came out it seemed the blog was more for promoting himself than anything useful.

If I want opinionated stuff I listen to radio 4's politics programmes.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sabot wrote:
    Yep, ok so there is actually 1000's of mini Scobles, called MSDN blogs ... cut cream rises to the top, so for me top blogger at Microsoft is Eileen Brown, I think she is fantastic!

(Dave is simply trying to lure Eileen into his basement)

• User profile image
    MB

who?

• User profile image
    Sabot

blowdart wrote:
    I don't. Not for absolute ages, I unsubscribed when he was still at MS, because after the book came out it seemed the blog was more for promoting himself than anything useful.

If I want opinionated stuff I listen to radio 4's politics programmes.

Opinion has it's place, but views have to be separate from news.

... this is the key mistake that Mary Jo, Scoble infact many of the tech commentators make some of the time ... not all!

• User profile image
    Tensor

Never read it in the first place.

Does that make me a bad person?

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

*holds hand up*

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tensor wrote:
    Never read it in the first place.

Does that make me a bad person?

Me neither, a lot of his stuff (seemed like) crossposting/content-forwarding, like Paul Thurrot's "Internet Nexus", just an opinionated version of News.com's fodder.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.