Coffeehouse Thread

41 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

CafePress - Jamie?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

    I am sat here drinking my coffee, and thought - wouldn't it be *REALLY* cool if I could drink my coffee from a Niner mug that Jamie had designed .. in fact it'd be cooler than cool if I could do it wearing my C9 polo (that I also bought from CafePress).  Jamie does so much for the community I'd be quite happy to be drinking from a jgrant signature mug (pref. large), and it'd be cool to have his name on something tangible

    And, as if that wasn't icy cool enough, what if ALL the profits went towards a fund for helping student Niners with travel costs to some Microsoft event or other.

    Maybe I just drink too much coffee (and over-use the word cool) or maybe I am still on a high from seeing The Right Thingtm done about the compo.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Haha! The idea of the cup is great... Although the standard logo in a cup wouldn't be that bad. Perhaps we get a load of cups when the new pages goes online Smiley I would drink everything from this cup, even a daquiri Big Smile

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Rossj wrote:
    I am sat here drinking my coffee, and thought - wouldn't it be *REALLY* cool if I could drink my coffee from a Niner mug that Jamie had designed .. in fact it'd be cooler than cool if I could do it wearing my C9 polo (that I also bought from CafePress).  Jamie does so much for the community I'd be quite happy to be drinking from a jgrant signature mug (pref. large), and it'd be cool to have his name on something tangible


    Good idea, but don't go with CaféPress, they're cheap 'n' nasty (hence why they're so succesful).

    I emailed John Gruber a while ago asking where he gets his stuff made, he suggests you use your local screen-printing company (there's loads around) and you get much better quality.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    Rossj wrote:
    I am sat here drinking my coffee, and thought - wouldn't it be *REALLY* cool if I could drink my coffee from a Niner mug that Jamie had designed .. in fact it'd be cooler than cool if I could do it wearing my C9 polo (that I also bought from CafePress).  Jamie does so much for the community I'd be quite happy to be drinking from a jgrant signature mug (pref. large), and it'd be cool to have his name on something tangible

    And, as if that wasn't icy cool enough, what if ALL the profits went towards a fund for helping student Niners with travel costs to some Microsoft event or other.

    Maybe I just drink too much coffee (and over-use the word cool) or maybe I am still on a high from seeing The Right Thingtm done about the compo.



    your sure that's coffee yr' drinking there ross j?  Wink

    thanks for the compliment - but your missin' in action over yonder in the "who are you " thread..

    PIC please!

    Big Smile

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    jamie wrote:
    
    your sure that's coffee yr' drinking there ross j? 


    Yup that's what I am drinking, it is what I smoking you need to worry about Smiley


    jamie wrote:
    

    thanks for the compliment - but your missin' in action over yonder in the "who are you " thread..

    PIC please!


    I am actually doing you a favour by not sending you a pic - really (besides I expect people would get me mixed up with RJD).  If I think on tonight, and I don't look too haggard from the past couple days I'll have a go Wink

  • User profile image
    Tensor

    Rossj wrote:
    I am sat here drinking my coffee, and thought - wouldn't it be *REALLY* cool if I could drink my coffee from a Niner mug that Jamie had designed


    I'd still prefer one of thos "cup <t>" mugs that Sven managed to snag Sad

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Tensor wrote:
    I'd still prefer one of thos "cup <t>" mugs that Sven managed to snag


    That's genuinely pretty funny Smiley

    What other witty slogans can we come up with?

    Like a shirt, a "wrapper class"?

  • User profile image
    dahat

    W3bbo wrote:
    
    Tensor wrote: I'd still prefer one of thos "cup <t>" mugs that Sven managed to snag


    That's genuinely pretty funny

    What other witty slogans can we come up with?

    Like a shirt, a "wrapper class"?


    For those still stuck in VS 2002/2003 (like me at work) there is always the non generic version:

    TShirt : IShirt


    Or better yet... a personalized class:

    Brendan : IOrnery, IEgotistical, ICrazyLooking, IBadWithWoman, ISmell, IDontLikeYou, ISpock

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    dahat wrote:
    
    Or better yet... a personalized class:

    Brendan : IOrnery, IEgotistical, ICrazyLooking, IBadWithWoman, ISmell, IDontLikeYou, ISpock


    ICode? I still haven't got out of the habit of using CodeIF ... Sad

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    If geek.tshirt.washedbymum then
       geek.Shaved = true
       geek.CleanSocks = true
       geek.CleanUnderCrackers = true
       geek.BO = false
       geek.SeeingAGirl = true
    else
       geek.Normal = true
       geek.BO = true
    end if

    ******************************

    I'm sure we can find a T shirt site or mug printing place that can do this for us ... do we need Microsoft to do an official one? It's more cool if we do it, so who wants one and how many, get your orders in!!! ... oh yeah and it aint going to free!

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Sabot wrote:
    If geek.tshirt.washedbymum then
       geek.Shaved = true
       geek.CleanSocks = true
       geek.CleanUnderCrackers = true
       geek.BO = false
       geek.SeeingAGirl = true
    else
       geek.Normal = true
       geek.BO = true
    end if

    ******************************

    I'm sure we can find a T shirt site or mug printing place that can do this for us ... do we need Microsoft to do an official one? It's more cool if we do it, so who wants one and how many, get your orders in!!! ... oh yeah and it aint going to free!


    Geeks don't use Basic Smiley

    t'would be better if it was in something more esoteric, like Perl.

  • User profile image
    dahat

    W3bbo wrote:
    Geeks don't use Basic

    t'would be better if it was in something more esoteric, like Perl.


    Ahh... the ignorance of youth.

    You’d be surprised how many present geeks first learned to program in Basic... including myself.

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    W3bbo wrote:
    
    Sabot wrote: If geek.tshirt.washedbymum then
       geek.Shaved = true
       geek.CleanSocks = true
       geek.CleanUnderCrackers = true
       geek.BO = false
       geek.SeeingAGirl = true
    else
       geek.Normal = true
       geek.BO = true
    end if

    ******************************

    I'm sure we can find a T shirt site or mug printing place that can do this for us ... do we need Microsoft to do an official one? It's more cool if we do it, so who wants one and how many, get your orders in!!! ... oh yeah and it aint going to free!


    Geeks don't use Basic

    t'would be better if it was in something more esoteric, like Perl.


    87 51 66 66 79 32 73 83 32 65 32 77 85 80 80 69 84 04

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    Sabot wrote:
    
    87 51 66 66 79 32 73 83 32 65 32 77 85 80 80 69 84 04


    0x57 0x68 0x69 0x63 0x68 0x20 0x6F 0x6E 0x65 0x3F

  • User profile image
    Jaz

    ian has a rather cool shirt that jamie designed (i asked him to design it but at the time i didn't have the money to print it), so yeah i think jamie could make some money on the side for some of his very cool C9 gear.

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Rossj wrote:
    
    Sabot wrote: 
    87 51 66 66 79 32 73 83 32 65 32 77 85 80 80 69 84 04


    0x57 0x68 0x69 0x63 0x68 0x20 0x6F 0x6E 0x65 0x3F


    0110000100100000011001100111010101100011011010110111010101110000001000000110111101100110001000000110100001101001011100110010000001101111011101110110111000100000011000110111001001100101011000010111010001101001011011110110111000100000001110100010110100101001

  • User profile image
    Sourcecode

    Rossj wrote:
    
    Sabot wrote: 
    87 51 66 66 79 32 73 83 32 65 32 77 85 80 80 69 84 04


    0x57 0x68 0x69 0x63 0x68 0x20 0x6F 0x6E 0x65 0x3F


    01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101001 01101100 01100101 00100000 00101110 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01100001 01101110 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 00111010 00101001

    01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101110 01101011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110110 01100101 01110010 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110


    Tongue Out



  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Sourcecode wrote:
    
    Rossj wrote: 
    Sabot wrote: 
    87 51 66 66 79 32 73 83 32 65 32 77 85 80 80 69 84 04


    0x57 0x68 0x69 0x63 0x68 0x20 0x6F 0x6E 0x65 0x3F


    01000110 ....

    01001000 ....







    How funny is that!

    ... and the link is were?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.