Coffeehouse Thread

99 posts

Vista's Killer Features

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

I noted in another thread how funny it was that everyone's killer feature was different in terms of both the actual functionality and the scale of the feature.  So for me, although maybe killer might be over-egging it a little, RDC is going to be a *very* important feature for me in Longhorn Server (and apparently 2003r2) at least for this contract (after which I prob won't be using Windows anyway).

What's your killer feature, either present, or not,  in Vista or Longhorn server. WinFS is no longer a valid answer [C]

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    andokai

The new volume mixer.

• User profile image
    compugab

The ability to resize the system partition or creating a full backup of it without reboot.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:
    I noted in another thread how funny it was that everyone's killer feature was different in terms of both the actual functionality and the scale of the feature.  So for me, although maybe killer might be over-egging it a little, RDC is going to be a *very* important feature for me in Longhorn Server (and apparently 2003r2) at least for this contract (after which I prob won't be using Windows anyway).

What's your killer feature, either present, or not,  in Vista or Longhorn server. WinFS is no longer a valid answer

Well I take "killer feature" to be the feature that kills my desire for the product, and you all know what that one is Smiley

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

W3bbo wrote:

Rossj wrote: I noted in another thread how funny it was that everyone's killer feature was different in terms of both the actual functionality and the scale of the feature.  So for me, although maybe killer might be over-egging it a little, RDC is going to be a *very* important feature for me in Longhorn Server (and apparently 2003r2) at least for this contract (after which I prob won't be using Windows anyway).

What's your killer feature, either present, or not,  in Vista or Longhorn server. WinFS is no longer a valid answer

Well I take "killer feature" to be the feature that kills my desire for the product, and you all know what that one is

Could you enlighten the folks here, that don’t have the innate ability to read minds? Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sourcecode wrote:

W3bbo wrote:
    Rossj wrote: I noted in another thread how funny it was that everyone's killer feature was different in terms of both the actual functionality and the scale of the feature.  So for me, although maybe killer might be over-egging it a little, RDC is going to be a *very* important feature for me in Longhorn Server (and apparently 2003r2) at least for this contract (after which I prob won't be using Windows anyway).

Well I take "killer feature" to be the feature that kills my desire for the product, and you all know what that one is

Could you enlighten the folks here, that don’t have the innate ability to read minds?

I suspect it involves haircuts, n'est pas? I'm only jealous because he has so much Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

W3bbo wrote:

Haha ... as funny as a hole in the head!

ReadyBoost ... this is a great idea! ... if a product did this for XP now, I would buy it. I have loads of 1Gb or 512Mb USB drives from different things, I could put them to really good use with my spare USB ports.

• User profile image
    MB

Is there one??

I settled on Windows-2003 for my desktop some time ago (probably in 2003, I guess) and, unfortunately, I'm yet to see anything in Vista that will cause me to rethink that choice.

• User profile image
    Sabot

MB wrote:

Is there one??

I settled on Windows-2003 for my desktop some time ago (probably in 2003, I guess) and, unfortunately, I'm yet to see anything in Vista that will cause me to rethink that choice.

Lots of bee-stigs to make a killer reason?

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

Rossj wrote:

Sourcecode wrote: 
    W3bbo wrote: 

Could you enlighten the folks here, that don’t have the innate ability to read minds?

I suspect it involves haircuts, n'est pas? I'm only jealous because he has so much

ROFL.

C'est exact ! Et je pense que c’est pour ça que l’on est incapable de comprendre.

• User profile image
    MB

If you know C# you basically know Java... if you know .net  you know mono.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sourcecode wrote:

ROFL.

C'est exact ! Et je pense que c’est pour ça que l’on est incapable de comprendre.

Je veux une greffe de cheveux, c'est très féminin (ses cheveux) et j'espere il est agréable.

• User profile image
    Ray6

Probably the improved security. Maybe that ReadyBoost thing.

I'd like to to see more flashy apps, but MS isn't exactly leading the charge on this.

Started learning .NET, and that seems pretty good so far, but doesn't need Vista.

• User profile image
    Massif

Rossj wrote:

Sourcecode wrote: 
    ROFL.

Je veux une greffe de cheveux, c'est très féminin (ses cheveux) et j'espere il est agréable.

Guys, stop talking about his hair. And I don't think he'll agree to that.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to Infocard.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

Rossj wrote:

Sourcecode wrote: 
    ROFL.

Pourquoi ? Tu es comme tu es. Ne change pas. Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Ah, Java, the great Free/Open Source Language.  You keep telling yourself that.

Not even an ISO standard.

Neither is C#, which is standardised by ECMA instead. (The same ECMA behind ECMAScript, aka JavaScript)

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

W3bbo wrote:

CannotResolveSymbol wrote: Ah, Java, the great Free/Open Source Language.  You keep telling yourself that.

Not even an ISO standard.

Neither is C#, which is standardised by ECMA instead. (The same ECMA behind ECMAScript, aka JavaScript)

@#$%!  Wrong standards body.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.