Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Screensavers II

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Would you rather have a screensaver that came on when you were away, or a screensaver that you start on your own?

Reason I ask:

I want to write a screensaver that is seperate from Windows (using our own language), however I personally don't use screensavers unless I'm at a machine I don't want to lock all the time or I want it to display data to cover whatever sensitive information I have currently on my display. Then I just hit a button, throws the "screensaver" into fullscreen mode, removes any inclination of it being an application, and then protects my PC....

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Why not have both? Smiley

For example, I have my computers screensaver to kick on after 30 minutes of idle-time. I also am a frequent-locker, locking my pc whenever it leave the house/office. It would be cool If I could instantly invoke the screensaver while locking the pc...

Smiley

• User profile image
    SimonJ

Screensavers are just EXEs with an exention of SCR. You can put them in the QuickLaunch bar and then activate them with keystrokes Windows+1, Windows+2, etc.

Locking the PC is Windows+L.

SimonJ

• User profile image
    LaBomba

SimonJ wrote:
    Screensavers are just EXEs with an exention of SCR. You can put them in the QuickLaunch bar and then activate them with keystrokes Windows+1, Windows+2, etc.

yeah, i recall locking Win98 laptop that way...launch screensaver with password protection.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.